Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: jhodges
Forum: Televised Poker 10-09-2007, 01:15 AM
Replies: 156
Posted By jhodges
Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/8) (possible spoliers in thread to come?)

It seems to me that, "In the begining"(1st season), players on HSP tried to show how smart/good they were...now they all get in and try to outgambool each other. Solid poker would give you alot of...
Forum: EDF 08-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Replies: 76
Posted By jhodges
Re: A lifetime of must reads

How about in no particular order: Enders Game(Orson Scott Card), Shibumi(Trevanian), The Stand(Stephen King), Dune and sequels(Frank Herbert), Master and Comander and 18 sequels(Patrick O Brian), The...
Forum: EDF 08-05-2007, 02:16 AM
Replies: 128
Posted By jhodges
Re: Weird/funny coincidences in your life

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't you post about that like a year and a half ago? Leigh, Lee, and Lei?

[/ QUOTE ] So are you saying it was a coincedence he got "layed."
Forum: News, Views, and Gossip 11-17-2006, 03:20 AM
Replies: 92
Posted By jhodges
Re: How good is David Sklansky?

I don't get the reference but I'm laughing anyway.
Forum: News, Views, and Gossip 10-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Replies: 63
Posted By jhodges
Re: ted forrest=BUSTO!

His sarcasm is POTEnt.
Forum: Televised Poker 10-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By jhodges
Re: Jamie Gold chat = expert

Part of the reason his table talk was effective was that he was hit so hard in the face with the deck that it made him feel invincible. Everyone thought he was on a draw on every hand he had a made...
Forum: Televised Poker 08-23-2006, 12:44 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By jhodges
Re: WPT Battle of Champions

I watched this and I thought the show was so-so. Can anyone tell me what the heck the winner (The Takeover) even won? The telecast never said as far as I could tell.
Forum: News, Views, and Gossip 08-03-2006, 01:32 AM
Replies: 380
Posted By jhodges
Re: Best tournament player of all time

[ QUOTE ]
El D,

This is simple math. He is 0/1 in the main event. At this rate, if he plays 20 more main events, his chances of winning will be 0*20 = 0. He has no shot at ever winning. Don't...
Forum: News, Views, and Gossip 08-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Replies: 380
Posted By jhodges
Re: Best tournament player of all time

[ QUOTE ]
I see so if I have less posts than someone I'm not as smart as them? Very interesting

[/ QUOTE ]
"From now on your Delta Tau name is 'Flounder'..."
Animal House
Forum: News, Views, and Gossip 08-01-2006, 02:10 AM
Replies: 380
Posted By jhodges
Re: Best tournament player of all time

big,

I think you might be confusing Ivy's tournament play in Monte Carlo with WSOP. He apparently played a Monte Carlo tournament, but I don't think Ivy has ever played in...
Forum: Tournament Circuit/WSOP 07-16-2006, 09:15 AM
Replies: 36
Posted By jhodges
Re: ***Official Bill Chen sweat thread***

Bill, Congrats for your SECOND bracelet. Do you remember at Mikey's wedding when I asked you when you were going to hit the circuit? Nice answer...$800,000 some thousands later...
WSOP 2006 and its...
Forum: News, Views, and Gossip 06-18-2006, 02:01 AM
Replies: 230
Posted By jhodges
Re: New ZeeJustin Blog

Subject: Making Amends
From: Justin Bonomo
Date: 5/6/2006 5:29 PM
To: pokermanager@pokerstars.com

Dear Lee Jones,

I know you are busy, but this is very important to me, and I have put a lot...
Forum: News, Views, and Gossip 06-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By jhodges
Re: GOSSIP ON IVEY\'S TRUE CASHGAME EARNINGS

Me thinks your sarcasm detector is broken.
Forum: The Lounge: Discussion+Review 06-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By jhodges
Re: Sake hot or cold

Actually the correct answer is a cliche. It depends on the sake. There are many different types and subtypes. Some are best served Cold, some cool, some room temperature, some warm and some hot....
Forum: Televised Poker 06-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Replies: 31
Posted By jhodges
Re: Something Sexton said tonight on WPT

I kind of like David Williams but there was an AQoff suit vs AQoff suit hand where he raises Fabrice Soulier off the hand and Fabrice shows his hand and David shows his hand and says,"the kiddy game...
Forum: Televised Poker 05-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By jhodges
Re: Its not a suckout!

[ QUOTE ]
The correct term for this thread would be a "re-suck".

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Forum: Televised Poker 05-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By jhodges
Re: 2005 WSOP - Final Three

[ QUOTE ]
Raymer, Raymer, and Raymer. None of the 3 were close decisions for me either.

[/ QUOTE ]
This thread reminds me of an old Saturday Night Live skit where 3 Chicago Bears fan sit have a...
Forum: The Lounge: Discussion+Review 05-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By jhodges
Re: What directors will make you go see a movie?

You guys mention alot of my favorites but you have left out Peter Weir, Barry Levinson, John Woo, and Albert Brooks.
Forum: MTT Strategy 05-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Replies: 98
Posted By jhodges
Re: \"I have a big hand and pot odds. I fold\"

[ QUOTE ]
Meh. Sorry guys, I was trying to make a point but obviously picked a too far out there hand for it.

edit: did I mention (I know I did to you, heh) that way back at the start of my poker...
Forum: MTT Strategy 05-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By jhodges
Re: What Does MLG Stand For?

Minraisers, and Limpers Get pwned.
Forum: News, Views, and Gossip 05-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Replies: 38
Posted By jhodges
Re: Barkley has a problem too?

[ QUOTE ]
I think the mainstream media tends to blow gambling losses (or wins) out of proportion in a lot of cases. There is always the subtle (or not-so-subtle) theme of "oh this guy has lost/won X...
Forum: Televised Poker 05-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Replies: 53
Posted By jhodges
Re: Did Ozzy Sheikh and Michael Higgins play online b/f turning 18?

[ QUOTE ]

You don't have to be a member of the religious right to believe that underage gambling is wrong.

The biggest argument that those trying to ban internet gambling have on their side is...
Forum: Televised Poker 04-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By jhodges
Re: National Heads-Up Poker Championship 4/23

What about Negreanu's read on Evelyn holding a pair of 4's with the diamonds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Great read by Daniel, but I thought it was a bad fold by Ng. With a decent...
Forum: Televised Poker 04-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Replies: 62
Posted By jhodges
Re: Helmuth is a DONKEY - example #1

[ QUOTE ]
The title of this thread scares me, as it suggests this crappy post is to become a series of crappy posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
vnh, how true and how funny.
Forum: Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance 03-20-2006, 02:49 AM
Replies: 268
Posted By jhodges
Re: BB&V Official Photo

Sorry if this gets pointed out later but the river is immaterial...the straight flush gets there on the turn.
This is just bugging me to watch everyone pick this for some reason.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26

Forum Jump