Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2006, 10:00 AM

Default Re: National Heads-Up Poker Championship 4/23

Seemed to me like Negreanu thought for just a second about what Williams could have and then called, its not like he's automatically required to burn his hands on the table turning the cards over.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:20 AM

Lol Hellmuth is so self centered. In the segment they ran that was suppose to be about the card room they get to phil and hes like "I finished 3rd here, i felt like i should have finished higher".
Old 04-24-2006, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What about Negreanu's read on Evelyn holding a pair of 4's with the diamonds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Great read by Daniel, but I thought it was a bad fold by Ng. With a decent amount of money in the pot, I think I gamble with a pair and a flush draw. If she can put Daniel on only a jack (which he had), she has enough outs to take the chance. When Daniel virtually called her hand, that might have unnerved her. If Daniel wasn't lying after doing his rabbit hunting, she would have hit two pair to win the hand, and take a huge chip lead and probably have won the match.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as soon as the guy says lets see them Shawn slams his cards down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again displaying his class and sportsmanship.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:23 PM

I think that was a trivially easy call by Ng. I really dont know what she was thinking. For heads up play thats a horrible laydown.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great read by Daniel, but I thought it was a bad fold by Ng. With a decent amount of money in the pot, I think I gamble with a pair and a flush draw. If she can put Daniel on only a jack (which he had), she has enough outs to take the chance. When Daniel virtually called her hand, that might have unnerved her. If Daniel wasn't lying after doing his rabbit hunting, she would have hit two pair to win the hand, and take a huge chip lead and probably have won the match.

[/ QUOTE ]
Evelyn Ng = Pro?? Daniel was so condescending to her...like he was explaining to a child how many outs she had. She acted like some kind of celebrity player or something. I know how rhetorical this is but, how did she ever get to represent any poker site with her poker reasoning skills?
Classic Daniel during the interview... she played great except for a "few" hands. Gabe Kaplan's "Sonny and Cher of Canada" line was funny.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:58 PM

This is definitely a call for Evelyn. The only thing she's a big dog to that Negreanu might have is bottom set or a higher pair with a higher flush draw.

But, even more than that, Ng should be looking to gamble against Negreanu. And with dead money already in the pot, she's got to be looking to gamble. Folding in that spot was definitely -EV.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:03 PM

What's the point of inviting Tony G and Mike Caro to this thing and then not showing their match? Someone at NBC needs their head examined.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the point of inviting Tony G and Mike Caro to this thing and then not showing their match? Someone at NBC needs their head examined.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking this too. hellmuth/matusow/etc get a lot of run...but those two heads up had to be good tv. too bad they aren't tv names.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Evelyn Ng = Pro?? Daniel was so condescending to her...like he was explaining to a child how many outs she had. She acted like some kind of celebrity player or something. I know how rhetorical this is but, how did she ever get to represent any poker site with her poker reasoning skills?
Classic Daniel during the interview... she played great except for a "few" hands. Gabe Kaplan's "Sonny and Cher of Canada" line was funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree for someone who plays high limit cash games (100/200?) she seemed like a noob still taking lessons. Daniel also destroyed her psychologically looking at the upcoming cards, "Oh you would've won." I'm not sure if this was part of Daniel's pscyhological warfare since he is very good at this. I doubt it would be since they are good friends, but honestly, Evelyn looked outclassed and lost.