Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Pass the crack pipe

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it does not look like you have a J. I am tight and I am not folding an A here. Actually, I am not betting this river either.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a disconnect between the turn check and the river bet unless he is trying to get you to call with K high. however this disconnect leads me to believe he sucks which leads me to believe he isnt folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I suppose this is a double-edged sword. A good player would have to know I'm FOS because why wouldn't I bet a better hand on the river when I know that i'm getting called by A high here always. And I can narrow his hand range down to mostly those hands because he should be betting pretty much everything else on the turn. However, if he's bad enough at hand reading (and tight enough), then perhaps he'll fold here.

Of course, a good player shouldn't be betting A high into me there in the first place. To me, the turn check followed by a river bet on an innocuous card is begging me to c/r and I oblige probably too often.

Edit - I'd also love analysis on the flop and turn. I feel lost on these type hands more than any other.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:06 PM

I am not sure that AK and AQ normally check this turn. I am also not confident that we get a hi to fold this river.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit - I'd also love analysis on the flop and turn. I feel lost on these type hands more than any other.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this spot, if I'm continuing past the flop, I'll c/r the flop and bet/fold the turn. If he's still around then, I'm not putting any more money into the pot.

I'm generally much more comfortable doing that when the board is lower though, like 686. But I think it's ok on this board.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A good player would have to know I'm FOS because why wouldn't I bet a better hand on the river when I know that i'm getting called by A high here always.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because maybe you suck...? A good player would have to know this...unless he sees you as a bad player. I think table image means a lot here.

As far as flop and turn go, I like it. Usually in these situations I call down unless another high card hits, or if the board pairs twice! Then I'm folding. So I commend you on your river play, because my big, wet poon couldn't make this play.

All I can say is that when I'm new to the table and have a decent SD hand I like to use it and establish some reads right away. So if I'm BB, I'm calling down for that reason. However, I think the river bluff raise is rare in SSSH and thus respectable. Frankly, I'm torn. Someone tell me what to think!