Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Pass the crack pipe (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=283296)

27offsooot 12-14-2006 02:57 PM

Pass the crack pipe

3/6, 5 handed. No PT. CO is loose-passive, BB has seemed tight. Fairly new to the table, but no open limping and hasn't played many hands. I don't remember being too out of line in BBs presence.

I have 33 in sb
CO limps, I complete, BB raises, both call.

F: 8J8r
bb bets, CO folds, i call

T: 9
check, check

R: J
I c, he bets, i raise.

Why do i feel like i have no idea how to play the flop and turn in this situation. Sometimes i c/r, sometimes i call flop. Turn didn't seem like a great card to donk, but who knows? Is the river too transparent?

TomBrooks 12-14-2006 03:06 PM

Re: Pass the crack pipe

BB might have a weak Jack and become afraid of a better Jack, an Eight, or a straight after getting called on the flop. He bet into 2 players on the flop

You don't beat the board. It seems unlikely you would have checked a Jack on the turn, and he may have a full house. I don't think this river is a good time to bluff.

Rev. Good Will 12-14-2006 04:10 PM

I put BB on exclusively AK/AQ, and if he is really as tight as you think, then go for it. I don't know if you have a strong enough read for this to work more than 2/5's of the time

jba 12-14-2006 04:31 PM

raise preflop?

gopnik 12-14-2006 05:04 PM

it does not look like you have a J. I am tight and I am not folding an A here. Actually, I am not betting this river either.

jba 12-14-2006 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it does not look like you have a J. I am tight and I am not folding an A here. Actually, I am not betting this river either.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a disconnect between the turn check and the river bet unless he is trying to get you to call with K high. however this disconnect leads me to believe he sucks which leads me to believe he isnt folding.

danzasmack 12-14-2006 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it looks like an 8 or an expertly played 9T

27offsooot 12-14-2006 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB might have a weak Jack and become afraid of a better Jack, an Eight, or a straight after getting called on the flop. He bet into 2 players on the flop

You don't beat the board. It seems unlikely you would have checked a Jack on the turn, and he may have a full house. I don't think this river is a good time to bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

He raised out of the bb. A weak J isn't exactly likely. None of the other hands are particularly likely either. Put a little more effort into hand reading.

I realize that I don't beat the board. This raise wasn't exactly for value.

27offsooot 12-14-2006 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not standard for me. I think 66+ is my raising range, but I'm interested in what others think about PF. I think an argument can be made for all three in the 1/3 structure.

danzasmack 12-14-2006 05:39 PM

I'm gonna be honest I hated this at first now I think it's never really correct for him to call unless you play super straight forward. he should fold ace hi like always.