Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you support a seperate PL forum?
Yes 4 14.29%
No 24 85.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Roger, I\'m queening it as we speak (NC Thread)

Cool, that's it.. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that stuff.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:12 AM

New Two Plus Two Books
Delicious Bass
[ QUOTE ]
Because my sad, sad eyes need a break from the abundence of posts concerning the events that my "for the people, by the people" government has set in motion...I offer the following upcoming titles I look forward to seeing from our favorite authors:

Harrington on Horses, Expert Strategy Even When You're Off-Track by Dan Harrington

Will include exciting ideas like:
Making Trifectas work for you.
Why you shouldn't eat track hotdogs.
Poop size? As important with the horses as it is with the greyhounds?

excerpt..."People often think that sitting in a box is the way to go at the track. It's not, you want to get as close to the rail as possible so that you can get a good look at the horses as they are led to the gate. If you notice a horse that looks a little sick, get inside and get money him. He has the most to lose and will probably try harder than the others. If you notice two sick horses, box an exacta. Horses have a sense when they are getting close to being consumed in the form of paste by preschoolers. Don't let those opportunities pass you by."

Small Stakes Scratchers, Winning Big, Or so They Say by David Sklansky, Ed Miller, Mason Malmuth

Concepts such as:
Five one dollar or one five dollar scratcher?
Using the right coin.

From part five, Image ..."Sometimes it is a good idea to place your unscratched tickets on your kitchen floor and have family members walk on them. One reason is the repeated movement of ticket across the floor will remove the protective coating from most scratch-off tickets, revealing whether or not you have won a prize. The consistent use of a coin, even of differing denomonations, can make the average scratch-off player predictable. The scuff-off method is a proven way to mix up your game."

The Theory of Powerball by David Sklansky

Looking forward to +EV ideas like:
Daily Play or Powerball?
How to pick a winner.

Chapter four, The Anti-Scratcher starts, "Many people use birthdays and ages to pick their numbers. This is, to put it simply, a bad idea. The Lottery Commission of each state has access to each players birthday and age. You want to randomize your number selection so that the ball-blower cannot predict your moves. Try this, punch at your number pad on your computer randomly for ten seconds, then add up all of the numbers and continue to do so until you reach a single digit. Now you have your first number. For the sake of argument let's assume that number is 3, if you were connected to the Internet, now disconnect and repeat the process. Now tack that number onto the 3 and you should have something in the thirties, say 38. Write that number down and use a different computer to arrive at your next number."

Anyway guys, I'm really looking forward to buying these books at my local Barnes and Nobles. I suck at horses and scratchers...but I can learn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-06-2006, 11:39 AM

Goddammit this means David's putting off his book on beating the Crane Game at Denny's again
Old 10-06-2006, 03:56 PM

Ugghh.. I just got done mowing the lawn and all this beer talk has my mouth watering. I think I might have to break down.

Btw... an interesting development.. I'm playing NL $5 on a very small site with horrible players. And I'm making as much money as I was making in .50/1.00 limit! NL $5 is a bit of a misnomer, tho, since the blinds are .10/.20.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:05 PM

I filled out a form to purchase a book on twoplustwo.com a few days ago (maybe sunday 10/1), payment method being Neteller. I haven't heard anything about it since the first confirmation e-mail. I never entered my neteller info and haven't heard anything since. wtf?
Old 10-06-2006, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, Germany does have ales. Alts, Hefeweizens, and Koelshes are all ales.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really. They are of a similar type, but they are not ales. But who am I to speak against the Wookie?

Edit: And I don't like Weißbier (Hefeweizen) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I actually find it interesting that you call if Hefeweizen (as opposed to Weißbier). I always thought that the Bavarian name Weißbier was better known than the Swabian name Weizen (I'm from Swabia).
Old 10-06-2006, 04:28 PM

Default FT reload

50% to $500!!

from bonus forum
Old 10-06-2006, 04:39 PM

Default Re: FT reload

[ QUOTE ]
50% to $500!!

from bonus forum

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it! I just took out the money from my other site and am drooling for it to hit so I can smack a 50% bonus from FT! Woowoo!
Old 10-06-2006, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really. They are of a similar type, but they are not ales. But who am I to speak against the Wookie?

Edit: And I don't like Weißbier (Hefeweizen) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I actually find it interesting that you call if Hefeweizen (as opposed to Weißbier). I always thought that the Bavarian name Weißbier was better known than the Swabian name Weizen (I'm from Swabia).

[/ QUOTE ]

In America, they're usually called hefeweizens, although the German imports are all labeled Hefe Weissbier. Also, I'm curious as to what your distinction is between "ales" and the German ones. According to my understanding, it's a question of top fermentation (ale) versus bottom fermentation (lager), and the examples I gave are all top fermented.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ale says Germans have ales....
Closed Thread