Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2006, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Seeing people you know are famous, but don\'t know from where

PoBoy,

I was eating at Paper Moon in DC with my girlfriend a couple years ago when this big, bald, light-skinned black guy who I definitely recognized walked in. He talked to the manager for a minute and then a bunch of other people came in behind him and they all went to a back dining room or something. It basically ruined my meal because I was sitting there the whole time trying to remember his name (I knew he was a football or basketball player). Finally as we were getting up to leave I realized it was Eddie George.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:35 PM

In August '98, I was on vacation in Park City, UT and having dinner one night at The Riverhorse. My friends and I had been flyfishing all day and drinking beer. My friend Vince goes to the bathroom to take care of some #1 business. In the bathroom he runs into PGA Golfer, Mark O'meara, who had just won the British Open and the Masters tournament that year. My friend recognizes him, congratulates him on his victory and shakes his hand. He comes back to the table and tells us who he just met. I scan the room and see that it is in fact O'meara.

My buddies and I start giving Vince the business. I mean, at least he could have washed his hands first before shaking O'meara's. I wouldn't let Vince pass the rolls or anything else during dinner, not knowing if he washed his hands or not.

BTW, Joe Regalbuto, who I didn't know by name but was on Murphy Brown, was also having dinner a couple tables down from mine. Here's a picture of Joe.

Joe was regaling his table with stories and was somewhat loud but didn't come across as being a dick.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:45 PM

Leave famous people alone.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:57 PM

A couple years ago when I was real young, my aunt, cousin and I went to Little Cesears to get pizza (dont know if these are around anymore) My cousin and I stayed in the car while my aunt went inside to get the pizza. When she comes back out, she goes to the passengers side door to give my cousin the pizzas when a big black SUV comes right up next to her. The door swings open knocking the pizzas out of my aunts hands and falls on the car and parking lot. Now this massive black man gets out of the car, takes one look and says "Oh, sorry, that sucks." My aunt then goes on a 3 minute tirade of words I've never heard before in combinations I could only dream of thinking. The man then takes out his wallet and tosses a $100 bill at her and proceeds into the Little Cesears. My aunt gets in the car still swearing and all I could say was, "Aunt Pat, you just called Frank Thomas a stupid [censored] [censored]."
Old 03-30-2006, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
El,

They don't all look the same, but some large black television personalities with facial hair do look similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm....