Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 06:12 PM

Default Re: No sweating at CB?

Well then its a good rule.

When i say a person is sweating a player, I am talking about a guy who isn't playing in the game.

There is no reason to allow the nonsense where players keep showing thier cards to each.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What exactly is not being permitted now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Showing your hand to another player who's sitting in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

and depending on the floor, showing it to someone who's sweating the game behind you. like i said, floor on saturday got very uptight about this. it was my friends first time watching a game that high. a couple grumps at 30/60 got way bent out of shape
Old 03-28-2006, 06:26 PM

While I think a rule barring spectators is retarded, it has always been the case that you may have someone sit behind you and watch your play only if no one at the table objects. Well, apparently people are objecting. They are deuschebags, but they put their money down and have the right to object. Banning sweaters if no one objects (which is the usual case) is retarded though and might cause some people to stop coming.

Not allowing people to flash cards to others in the game is a good rule and I wish it would be the case everywhere. Technically, someone can ask to see a hand even if it's discarded when a player has voluntarily shown it to another player in the game.

Jeff
Old 03-28-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What exactly is not being permitted now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Showing your hand to another player who's sitting in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

and depending on the floor, showing it to someone who's sweating the game behind you. like i said, floor on saturday got very uptight about this. it was my friends first time watching a game that high. a couple grumps at 30/60 got way bent out of shape

[/ QUOTE ]

Though I find this much less objectionable then showing them to another player, as a dealer i often problematic behavior with a sweater being shown cards.

Often time I see players who after showing their cards to friend sitting behind them, turn their head and look at the sweater then there is movement from the sweater (facial expression, shrug of the shoulder etc) which though it may be a tell to the observant players is violative of the one player to a hand rule. Oftens they are even talking to each other and I can't tell whether they are discussing the hand or discussing which strip club to visit.

I want them to have fun, but I also want to maintain the integrity of the game (I have seen players show their cards to sweaters and act in an entirely appropriate manner as well)
Old 03-28-2006, 06:41 PM

Ann was playing at my 6/12 table and she said anyone not in the game can sweat, it only applies to those in the game. When I asked what the point was one of the floor guys told me it gives those people you show an edge that the people that dont see dont have. I said that was the dumbest [censored] I had ever heard because I had played with half the room before and probably had some inside information on how people play that new players didnt.

The rule is in place because of 1 (one) 30/60 player that was bitching. For the most part, all the staff dislikes the rule.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:07 PM

Do you know which player complained? And what exactly was the situation?
Old 03-29-2006, 01:28 AM

morongo has the same rule also.

if you stand behind a table and watch the game, the floormen will come and tell you to leave.

morongo is already pretty sh1tty but this just makes it that much more garbage.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:54 PM

Why is everyone so upset by this? You can't see the genuine problem with showing your cards all the time? Don't bitch for the sake of bitching.

If I'm beating some ding-bat out of every pot we play together and he starts showing his cards to old man river to his right every time I suck out on him, it's gonna irk me a little bit.

I will never ask to see a mucked hand. But I sure do want to see it if someone else gets to.

Just muck your freakin' cards and stop crying. Sheesh.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:13 PM

Yeah, I was sweating at the donkfest all you "pros" had at the 8 game at CB monday night. All of the "extra information" I got probably set me back about 9 months of poker devlopment. Nothing like drunken Jackpot-hunting, blind-capping and buying in for like 20 racks and making some sort of (totally awesome) helix thingy to draw the attention of all the jealous 4 and 6 players. That was like the scariest lineup/best game I've ever seen at CB 8.