Old 03-28-2006, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Top two facing All in. 100NL

Anyway, Villian showed AJ of diamonds.

MHIG.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
doubt hed call with 67 from mp in a full ring unless hes a terrible player. seems like set or 2 pair. id say its 50 50 whther or not ur ahead, altho that river might have killed ur hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

50/50 for set or 2pair? uhhhhh. . . 84 and Q4 arent the most logical 2 paired hands here. smells like 444. i see 44 being limped 1000 times more often than Q4 and 84

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I was thinking, but this guy is the slowplay king. He plays his draws, and weak holdings fast, but any made hand he waits for the turn or river to min-raise.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:06 AM

are you sure 233 hands is enough to observe several sets/2pairs that actually get a confirmed showdown?

BTW-if hes got a huge draw your edge is only small. if hes on a set you are screwed.

against the BB i probably take this to the house because he could have anything--84 or Q4 and most people refuse to fold 2pair if no complete hands could be possibly made.

at the next level down, i strongly consider taking this to the house as well (or whatever level people limp garbage like Q4s, etc) but once they stop doing this you can no longer put them on 2pair
Old 03-28-2006, 03:11 AM

Hmm I think he takes this one on me. By the time he's pushed the turn I'm seriously wondering why I'm still around. I could see an AQ diamond draw with that overbet on the flop (AJs, Axs) seems pretty aggressive to put him on. Personally it looked like a set of 4's played hard and fast so it doesn't get drawn on. 2 ragged pair doesn't even hit my radar.

I don't mind your turn bet, I'm throwing out some type of blocker there often to try and make it to sd without a gigantic pot. When he pushes I'm done. If he's tricky and been stealing all night, I might make a stand... but need a significant read, which you may have had, to get there.

Mike