Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2006, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Question for Olback/Poker Incentives Review

When affiliates were polled recently 1 out of 13 thought you were a positive for the rakeback community.

With several affiliates paying to advertise in your forum this is not a good track record.

Why do you think so many affiliates do not support you?
Old 02-22-2006, 03:19 PM

The poll mentioned above was one of the deciding factors in starting the thread.

I have NEVER NEVER discouraged anyone from advertising on his site, as a matter of fact I have sent him several people a few months ago as a show of goodwill. All was fine and I felt things were calmed down. Even if an advertisement gets zero clicks it doesnt make it a bad ad as many would think. There are more reasons to advertise then just clicks.

The rakeback affiliates started complaining to me more and more about his spam here and my email, some just laughing at his posts here and now this and I feel when someone makes an impossible claim they deserve to be called out, especially someone who gets so many complaints to begin with. If a rakeback affiliate that was obviously 10% the size of the biggest one made a claim that they had twice the players as the biggest affiliate would it be wrong if this affiliate or anyone else called him out? Of course not.

The only defense he has is a screenshot of less then half of his stats page, some of it blacked out and important stuff cut off. Then he avoids some 30 questions about this claim that is impossible. All he can do is claim he has made a site that generates as much traffic as RRR when I have proven through every tool imaginable this is not true. The Alexa graph by itself is all I should need but all the other stuff, well, it is obvious to any webmaster that there arent enough links/ads/search engine saturation to support even a small fraction of his claim.

I like the competition, dont get me wrong, it keeps me on my toes. Even when there werent any other sites like RRR I didnt act like it was a monopoly but having other site out there is a nice check and balance system. When Moondogg had his site over a year ago it helped create a friendly competition, we even linked to each other.

Right now I would say I am neutral-friends with the other directory site owners so do not make it look like a vendetta, who would I suddenly just pick on you? If someone else, affiliate or directory, were spamming people and making false claims I would call then out too.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:52 PM

Last Post

03/27/06 04:40 AM
by Pokeraddict

why blind bump this ?

why not have some balls and just say "bump" ?
Old 03-27-2006, 03:23 PM

congrats, you just got him another page view.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:13 PM

It actually had more to do with the other radio show thread but wanted to use this as a reference, then I decided not to get involved in it at all. I thought after deleting it that it would go back to where it came from.

If Morgant or another mod wishes to delete the entire thread I am fine with that. Either way I dont care.