Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2006, 01:00 AM

Default Re: JJ faces some aggression...

[ QUOTE ]
You have to be good 1:6 to call down after he caps, which is close, but I don't see it.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is true, is it just strictly UI? 'Cause we do have a two-out redraw on the river*. It doesn't mean that much, but if we only have to be good ~16% of the time, and ~4% of the time we'll river the virtual nuts, then that could swing it.

*Edit: vs. your stated range, that is. Obviously we still lose to 55, but we're going to war with the nut full house regardless, so we can effectively rule that out.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:25 AM

: grunch :

Could be he's heard about this whole 'wait until the turn before you raise' stuff and has a 5.

If he'll call with almost anything it's hard to put him on a normal range of cold calling hands (not that I'm pretending to know what that normal range is, but the principle applies).

I'd need a better read to know if I fold to the raise.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:09 AM

Ok I don't like my line anymore. The more I think about it the more I like Kwaz's line b/c turn, c/c river. I really want to get this hand to showdown and even though I have seen this guy get out of line, on the turn he's almosts just as likely to have Tx, T6, TT, or a slowplayed five. Also I think after raising the turn I kinda have to fold for the cap as he probably would have called w/ just a pair and the price is too much to try and spike a jack. So there. Anyway results now or later?
Old 03-22-2006, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway results now or later?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's time.

-Jaran
Old 03-22-2006, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway results now or later?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's time.

[/ QUOTE ]

my guess is A5.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:51 AM

You know the Small Stakes forum FAQ says not to post the results ever. Whereas our micro FAQ says results can be posted to provide 'closure'.

It's like us micro players need the pacifier plugged in our mouths before mother switches off the light.

Whereas those big boys with their dollar chips can sleep soundly in a world devoid of certainty.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:07 PM

Default RESULTS

I don't have my PT here but I c/c the river and he showed 5x, eh whateva. I'd still like to hear more from anyone who liked a 3bet on the turn, though, because at the time I guess it sounded like a good idea to me.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:13 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

Murphy's Law of Turn Donk Paired Flop: When you play your hand aggressively, villain has trips; when you play it weakly, villain has a worse hand such as a mid-pair. I still haven't figured it out in the least. Maybe Kwaz's 50% is right. I'm not results-oriented here.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:21 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

This is THE move of the micro player. More than any other move, they like to wait with big hands until the turn (which has been debated before in this forum I believe). But like you said, it's so hard to tell when. In my experience, more often than not they have better than a pair when they pull this move. Without a read I assume I'm beat when I see this (at least at the smallest micro levels).