Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2006, 04:43 PM

Default JJ faces some aggression...

Found this hand after sifting through some of my ep loosers.

UTG+2 is a calling station that can be somewhat agressive. My notes on him are-

CALLING STATION, auto calls almost everything, will raise pf three beter flop bet w/ just second pair, just cold calls with AK, won't raise AKs, watch out for raggedy 2pair

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, BB folds, Hero????????

What's your plan. Do you put him on a ten, five, six, something else? Remeber I saw him raise the pf 3bett w/ 2nd pair so he can get somewhat agressive. Call down, put in a raise, fold???
Old 03-21-2006, 04:52 PM

Default Re: JJ faces some aggression...

I would reraise here, and if he caps go into check/call mode on the river. Since he is a calling station, he most likley called the flop bet with two overs. His raise on the turn suggests he has a ten, but he also could have slowplayed his 5 from the flop in going for overcalls. His reaction to your reraise will largely define his hand, and if he just calls your 3-bet lead into him on the river.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:59 PM

Well, it seems very unlikely that he was slow playing a better pp than Jacks and decided to come alive on that turn. Given his historically ATM-ish + loose behavior, it seems much more likely that he paired the T and that you're ahead.
It's also possible that he's on the flush draw, although he should have been raising the flop then.

I don't think we can lay this down here. We have really solid pot equity, so I think we should re-raise. If a heart comes on the river or we get an over to our jacks, we'll probably check/call down. If it's a blank undercard, we're betting out on the river.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:09 PM

It looks like a 5, maybe Tx H. Given the read, I probably 3-bet and call a cap; most likely c/calling the river if he caps.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:16 PM

Go for three, easy.

Is anyone actually not advising a 3 bet?
Old 03-21-2006, 05:29 PM

Ok I was pretty sure this was a 3bet but not positive. Cool i'm not a total donk so any way.

Turn: (4.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero pukes and calls.

River: (12.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???? B/f, C/C, C/F???? What do YOU do????
Old 03-21-2006, 05:38 PM

bet call.. not close either.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:39 PM

*GRUNCH* (before seeing river)

OK, calling station, does he have *any* standards to call the PF 2 bet? If so, he paired his T and has you on unimproved overs. If not, he may have hit a raggity 2 pair.

If its the former, raise for value. The latter, check and call.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:42 PM

I could be wrong, but if you 3bet the turn, you really should fold to the cap. If I had called (and I prolly would have), I call (because if I'm folding, I should have folded to the turn cap [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] )

-Jaran
Old 03-21-2006, 05:45 PM

*GRUNCH* (after seeing river)

Yep... throw up in my mouth and call. Screams he slow played a 5 (sometimes I think I'm the only .25/.50 who would ever raise his floped trips) and is hitting you for value... but for meta game call the river.