Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2006, 04:45 AM

Default Re: overpair on a paired 2s board

results? I'm always staked with AA in spots like this...
Old 03-20-2006, 04:47 AM

Default RESULTS

he has a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and i didnt see that comming
Old 03-20-2006, 08:05 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

A raise folds out almost everything you beat.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:44 AM

my line here is raise to about 350, gain control of the hand. if he then comes over the top then you can lay it down.

there is no point in making a raise if you then find out your behind but your pot committed to put in more chips. you could find out your behind for cheaper and then not be forced to put in more due to using pot equity against you to make a -EV individual call.

i was in this hand btw. are you sure you werent in the big blind and raised out of the big blind after me the button and the SB (villain) had limped. its just becuase i remember calling with a low pocket pair knowing that you had an high pair becuase you raised out of the big blind. although the villain made a loose preflop call, he likely also puts you on a high pair, and so if you raise to say 350 and he then flat calls and leads out on the turn you know he knows you have a high pair and so is likely only leading out on the turn to get you to call by likely betting a smallish amount such as 140.

also, you know youve never played a hand well when you put in 40 preflop and 1,000 on the flop with an overpair on a paired board.

raise to 350 or flat call. but raising to 500 means your only getting more money from an opponent who has you beat, and yet worse you think your pot committed and so have to put in even more.

your a good player, but played that one poorly.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:29 PM

I think you are right i didnt play that hand correctly, but if i had to play it again, i woulda flat called, i just dont like folding in this situation on such a safe board. By raising to 350 and if he pushes what do you put him on? 99? you really think he would lead out here with a boat? i know he doesnt have aces or kings so that leaves the possibility of him possibly having a 2, i just beat to many hands here, but you are right my flop bet was useless
Old 03-20-2006, 03:30 PM

I would like to hear some opinions on what i should of done if i flat called the flop and then he bet 3 4 on the turn? then what