Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Week 11 NCAA Early Lines

1u on AF
For some reason by book has WVU -14 so Im gonna take it.

Anyone have thoughts on Duke +13.5 agaisnt Gtech and Michigan giving points at Wisconsin?

ps. 1u on 'Bama
Old 11-05-2007, 11:35 AM

Is SBRlines not working for anyone or is it just me?

Only one bet so far:
Michigan -2.5

Jazzy- I would be all over WVU -14, and I like that Duke play as well.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Is SBRlines not working for anyone or is it just me?

[/ QUOTE ]

SBRLines is habitually stale for CFB on Sundays and Mondays, particularly for BookMaker. No idea why this is considering it works fine other times. I usually just check the lines myself until Tuesday.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:50 PM

Obligatory Auburn Scouting Report:

Auburn enters the Georgia game as healthy and well-rested as they have been this year. They took the starters out of the Tennessee Tech game, up 21-3 in the first quarter. I had never seen the starters lifted so early in a game, but Tuberville was dead-set on resting them. It really shows the difference in playing a true cupcake this time of year, as opposed to a team like Troy, which Georgia had to fight off for 4 quarters. Not that Auburn didn't deserve a break after their schedule, but still... Auburn should be ready.

Auburn matches up well with Georgia. Georgia is a run first team, like Auburn. Last year they killed us, but that doesn't bother me. Cox played the worst game of his career, and our defense couldn't pick up the slack, getting burned over and over again by the QB draw. I don't expect either of those to be a problem this year. Auburn defense has basically pwned this year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Will Muschamp get some head coaching interviews. They held Arkansas to under 100 yards rushing (McFadden and Jones combined for 67 yards.) The problems we had in the middle of our D last year that allowed Arkansas and UGA to gash us have been pretty much eliminated in Muschamp's 2nd year.

For whatever reason, the road team has done extremely well in this series. Cox led Auburn to a 31-30 win two years ago when Georgia was SEC Champs. Auburn will not be looking ahead to Bama as we have almost as many players from the state of Georgia as Alabama and we have a bye week next week anyway.

Having said all this, Georgia has improved to a very powerful team and I don't feel great about our chances, just good. I like Auburn in a tight game. I would certainly wait until later in the week as I expect the line to move favorably and hopefully get it at +_2.5 or 3. FWIW, I am undefeated on Auburn games this year.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:05 PM

Indiana -1.5 2 Units
Kentucky -3.5 2 Units
Connecticut +5.5 1 Unit
Minnesota +14.5 1 Unit
Michigan -2.5 1 Unit
FSU +6 1 Unit
UNC +3.5 3 Units
Fresno St +17 1 Unit
FAU -7 1 Unit
Old 11-05-2007, 01:34 PM

Adding:
BYU -7
WVU -15

Taking a couple of resurgent teams playing at home on a weeknight with a chip on their shoulder. I know that Louisville isn't as bad as people think they are. I keep hearing that every week. And yet, I keep betting against them every week and I keep winning. This line should be around 21, but I thought it would be around 17 with the public on Louisville factor built in. 15 is a steal IMO. How is their defense going to stop WVU?

I hate not having more money on more books to shop better. It really handcuffs me. I think I could have gotten better lines on these if I had more options.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:59 PM

AF -2.5

As mentioned above, this is just a no-brainer. Air Force is listed in the top 50 of the composite computer rankings above teams like Miami, Maryland, and Iowa. ND is 91st, behind Buffalo, SDSU, W Kentucky, etc. This game should be on everyone's sheet this week, unless you can think of a good reason not to bet it.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:06 PM

Kentucky -3

Vandy is much better at home, but come on. Kentucky is 9 points better on neutral according to Sagarin and they are coming off a bye week and have a lot to play for. Having just been upset at home and losing 3 of 4, they will not look past Vandy. I might add units on this later.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AF -2.5

As mentioned above, this is just a no-brainer. Air Force is listed in the top 50 of the composite computer rankings above teams like Miami, Maryland, and Iowa. ND is 91st, behind Buffalo, SDSU, W Kentucky, etc. This game should be on everyone's sheet this week, unless you can think of a good reason not to bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting against ND should almost be on your sheets every week.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:18 PM

Arizona St -6.5

This team doesn't strike me as the type that is going to mope about the Oregon loss. I think it's more likely that they take out their frustration on UCLA. I don't feel great about taking another road fave in the PAC10, but ASU is too good for this one to be close.