Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 02:42 AM

Default Re: AA deep with nfd

[ QUOTE ]
Really hate the flop bet size. I usually fold to a raise here I guess, especially with him raising after you bet soo big.

[/ QUOTE ]

how much would you bet on the flop (if you are betting)?
Old 10-21-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Really hate the flop bet size. I usually fold to a raise here I guess, especially with him raising after you bet soo big.

[/ QUOTE ]

how much would you bet on the flop (if you are betting)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I've been accused of being weak-tight and I bet this flop every time. Esp. 200 BB deep.

2/3 pot should be fine. I don't really see the point of more since a draw is likely going to call and/or F with us anyway when we are this deep, and we don't particularly want to play a huge pot here.

After that, it's all read-dependent. The preflop stats don't tell me much except that he has some marginal hand that is priced in.

It's really not useful to say LOL at calling flop, c/f turn. This is a valid line with the right read.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:45 AM

Isura-
can you please explain why Hero checking this flop is terrible?

Assume hero checks - now if either BB or UTG bet, and MP (the only big stack) calls or folds, then its a super easy ch/rai for hero. MP can NEVER call this shove because we know he will never ever check or flat a set there 4 handed.
and if it checks around and MP bets then hero can choose to play for pot control, right? sure, once in a while we will get outdrawn, but we will have relativly little invested and it will be easy/obvious to get away.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:34 AM

i put him on AK and 3bet the flop
Old 10-21-2007, 05:34 AM

There are two donks in the hand and getting this flop checked against them really sucks. Most of the time I fold and one of the donks calls with a K/mid pair or w/e, and sometimes you take down a 25bb pot with one pair. Also, you will never win much against tough players if for example you are afraid to play a pot with AA on this board and 200bb. I think hero played the hand fine, and the turn is a very tough decision. Other lines are probably better against me, such as 3-betting the flop or calling the turn, but both are pretty close.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:24 AM

I b/f flop, is this too bad ?
It's just multiway and too much of a wet flop to continue with a bare overpair
Old 10-22-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are two donks in the hand and getting this flop checked against them really sucks. Most of the time I fold and one of the donks calls with a K/mid pair or w/e, and sometimes you take down a 25bb pot with one pair. Also, you will never win much against tough players if for example you are afraid to play a pot with AA on this board and 200bb. I think hero played the hand fine, and the turn is a very tough decision. Other lines are probably better against me, such as 3-betting the flop or calling the turn, but both are pretty close.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree that you (MP in this hand) fold most of the time, but isnt one of the donks likely to bet with Kx or whatever donk hand they may have? i thought my line outlined above was pretty safe/profitable way for hero to play the hand, becasue i think being 4-way, the flop checks through almost never.

also, how often are you stacking off with AA vs a solid regular if you are hero?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:34 PM

I fold like 30% and call like 70%. read the OP and the rest was tl;dr.
I think that if you call the flop raise, you prob shouldn't check/fold the turn. I might c/r the turn, but I'm more than likely just going to bet out and call a shove.
my 2c