Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Aruba Main Event Hand AJo

The thing is you can only represent one hand with your shove: 66. Also, he won't fold JJ-AA, maybe even TT to your shove. He sure as hell isn't folding a set.

Just seems like major spew to shove here.

Also villain probably thinks you'd check behind sets here which is another reason he'd call JJ-AA.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:16 AM

Why would we shove 66 here, though?
Old 10-06-2007, 04:22 AM

the only positive thing i can say about your turn push is that its not quite as bad as your flop play.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:40 PM

old hand but i thought i'd share my thoughts.

as i said above i thought he was one of the more likely players to play back at me (since i knew he was from the internet).

i felt like at the time that if he missed, he might think he would go for the check raise since he could gain more chips from my "bluff".

2 thinks that back up my hand is that its likely that i'm playing middle cards since i recently checked down a pot where k high was shown down and one on a low flop. also since he knew i was also an intenet player he would know that LAG's like to raise middle cards from lp.

The other point was that as i was playing small ball, no pots had been large yet. This was the first large pot i was playing (therefore more likely to have a hand).

As the check raise was so small i thought that i had a chance to take it away on the river from a strangly played ak, aq and low pairs.

Also it was quite early in the tournament. I thought i might be more likely to get a weak tight fold rather then hero call. People dont wanna bust that early after flying all the way to aruba.

Note: i would never do this online but felt like this had a good enough chance to work.

Results: Villian was round42 and he folded after about 30 seconds.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:57 PM

i think this hand sucks, and had he made it 1k pre i probably just fold, might even fold pre here. as played your hand looks like air, i can't see you taking this line with anything.