Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Re: KJo vs tighty

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i edited my post to make it much longer and hopefully a little more useful. i forgot to consider that he can have KJ though. the only thing this changes is that you cannot b/f now. then it becomes a clear c/c, as my ev calc shows. depending on assumptions it's either clearly better than b/c or has the same ev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good analysis. I know if I was villain on that river with AA or KK, I would be like "wtf... check?" and would be very tempted to stick in another bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, i actually messed up the math in my ev calculation. i redid it and the result is:

if he bets just two or more combos of AA or KK when we check, then c/c becomes better than b/c.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:00 AM

What about the turn in this hand? After the flop action this would be a check/fold for me. What do we beat here that someone who is not overly agressive would 3-b the flop with?

If we are calling to draw it seems like a marginal call to me getting 7,2-1 on a 5 out draw wich doesn't guarantee a win.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the turn in this hand? After the flop action this would be a check/fold for me. What do we beat here that someone who is not overly agressive would 3-b the flop with?

If we are calling to draw it seems like a marginal call to me getting 7,2-1 on a 5 out draw wich doesn't guarantee a win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would fold the turn as well unless we had a recent history or he was tilting.