Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: BvB against what appears to be an aggressive sort

I like the thought, but your hand just isn't strong enough to do this OOP. The river decision is a perfect illustration. I don't think there is much value to your bet here, c/c is a one way ticket to valuetown and c/f is pussy. And you've already put in the 2.5 bb it would have taken to just call down. If you want to get aggro, you could c/c, c/c and donk a non-sucky river. Sadly, this counts as a sucky river, so c/c x 3.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:10 PM

Is Q6 a good raise first in against an aggressive player in the 1/3 blind structure? If you are playing it, I think c/c ing down is best with maybe a river donk to prevent Ahi from checking behind.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:08 PM

I think my general line on this flop would be to check/call flop, check/call non AQJT turn, and donk/fold a blank river or check/call a scary one. So here I would check/call down cuz I don't like the T.

By check calling the flop and turn he will probably put you on a weak draw or weak made hand, so he will check behind A high and valuetown you with pairs on the river. A river donk on a blank river will net you some pretty weak calldowns because your line is weird, and a bluff raise with a worse hand is unlikely.

Another line I like is check/raise the flop and bet fold turn, or check/raise and call the flop and check/fold turn UI. You will get really weak calldowns if you checkraise the flop because of all the semibluffing hands you could have. Unfortunately I think you get 3bet with worse hands a reasonable portion of the time on this flop.

Long story short, c/c c/c c/c for me.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:14 PM

I would be c/c, c/c, and b/f a rag river where I might get a call from Ax. But on this river I'm more likely to catch a bluff than get called by a better hand if I bet the river since the T is a somewhat of a scared card in a BvB

so I c/c, c/c, c/c. I don't like c/r'ing the flop and leading the turn because people make dumb FSDRs with A-high and I don't want to fold a winner in a BvB, but I don't want to two bets to go in on the turn unless my hand improved from the flop.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:47 PM

I dont mind a flop c/r, but given that he 3bet pf, c/c'ing to showdown should be superior.