Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 04:00 AM

Default BvB against what appears to be an aggressive sort

I've not seen villian play very much, but he seems rather aggressive, from the little that I have seen.

You like?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 10-15-2007, 04:08 AM

Default Re: BvB against what appears to be an aggressive sort

i would c/c down here, because (a) it's a decent line in an of itself and (b) to test what hands he 3-barrels or gives up after 2 barrels. this kind of information could be very valuable in the future since it looks like you'll be playing oop against him for the rest of the session.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:20 AM

just plain call down and see if he bets 3 times with air.

do you think villain will fold any better hand on the river after calling the c/r on turn?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:46 AM

I think there's more value in calling down and also it's more balanced between risk and award.

With a bluffcatching king of hand against an agressive player I think letting him bet is more profitable then showing agression since he is more likely to bluff-bet than bluff-call.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:33 AM

I also call down. If Im going to put in any more action, I c/r the flop. I don't think he calls down with a worse hand enough to make this worth it.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:34 AM

Let him barrel off. You won't get better hands to fold anyways, so the only value you gain this way is when villain doesn't fold A-hi.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:18 AM

BM.

Are you turning your hand into a bluff or are you expecting A high to call down?

C/c c/c c/c is costing you close to 1 BB when/if he bets the river.

Not sure which line is better tho. But it wouldnt be c/c c/r [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Maybe c/r flop and go from there. But if he 3-bets I dont really like calling down on this flop. But I dont like folding either.

I was experimenting with a c/c b/c c/f line a while back but got away from it. Maybe this would be a spot for that line. (Or c/c c/c b/f)

BTW BM. Go Browns!!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:41 AM

Haha, go Browns indeed! They've got an easy team in the Rams next week, so we could be looking at 4-3. Man, that'd rule. You can't tell me their offense isn't exciting!

This is what went through my head:

Pre-flop: Yikes, I'm screwed!

Flop: Not great, but I've got odds to peel...

Turn: Another king, eh? Okay, he doesn't have a king, most likely, and if he does, I'll find out pretty darn quickly when he 3-bets. I'm gonna check/raise this sucker, because I don't want to give him a chance to fold if I donk and am ahead, and he's more likely to be scared that I have a king and fold a better hand or draw (with correct odds) if I c/r. He could even call down without proper odds with Ax that missed or 22-55, or I could be charging him more to draw to his heart flush.

River: Heart draw missed, but this card ain't great. He still might call down with Ax or 22-55, though, so I'll bet, since I ain't gonna c/c.

Where's the suckage in this? (and I know there is some)
Old 10-15-2007, 08:48 AM

If he is putting in 1 more bet on the river with those draws you might fold then you didnt gain anything unless its a good draw with 8-9'ish outs.

Also when he 3-bets a worse hand your line blows. Then people say: But he never does this. True! But even if only does it rarely it eats up a huge chunk of EV.

Your line here should be to let him keep barreling away with his worse hands. So c/c untill you think he checks A high. On that street you then bet.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:12 PM

Here is what goes through my mind :

preflop : villan has 25% range (pretty wide)

flop : I want to showdown cheaply if turn and river are fair

turn : Great card, looks like I'm going to showdown.
There is more value in letting him barrel than
raising (very important)

river : not very good, but gotta call