Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 08:46 AM

Default Re: Is this a reasonable spot to steal with 12BB?

This can't be good imo, A4 is too weak.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The guy has t1510 chips, that means he's won at least one hand. It's surely not that difficult to keep track of how he played it, what he won with if it went to showdown? Or, for that matter, how many flops he's seen which would then tell you how loose he is preflop? Hell even having PA HUD would have told you something about him, enough that it wouldn't be totally "readless".

Multitabling isn't an excuse for having no reads, sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at having a read based on 1 hand!

LOL at playing 16 tables and having the time of analyzing HUD!

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing 16 tables and you cant read your own hud?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:09 PM

thanks for the responses. The reasons I pushed were that, in my experience, players at these levels are extremely easy to steal limps from because they limp with hands at advanced levels that they would limp with at lvl I (crappy suited connectors, weak aces, low pairs, etc.) and will fold to any raises. Also, I read a strat post recently that suggested that you push relatively tight with ~10bb but steal quite wide...

I also realize that the blinds can wake up with hands but I'm discounting that here...
Old 10-15-2007, 05:13 PM

I haven't done an STT strategy post in a while, but here are my thoughts on this hand.

In this spot, my first thoughts are I'm 5th stack 7 handed. Stacks 3-7 are all within range of each other 1145 to 1590. This means there is still a good fight for a money spot. Next, there are 2 left to act behind me, and one of them is the bigstack. SB is the third stack, and should not be calling loose if folded to me. Finally, I have 12 BB's left on the button.

Reads (more like assumptions w/o reads): Some guy with a full starting stack should not be considered too donkey-ish. If he had like 1200, an assumption here might be better as to limp-fold tendencies. This guy limped 1/15th of his stack in a shortstack game. It's more than likely his hand strength is stronger than yours as a range, and I'd hate to see him call here with TJs or some [censored] because TJs is the shizzle.

Frankly, I think this is a time to continue to be patient. I would want a stronger hand here to pull this **resteal**.

(ok, read everyone's responses now. I think vers range looks good to me. And most are in agreement. Shoving here is akin to letting your inner fish out. Have more patience. The best $EV play here is to fold and be more patient.)
Old 10-15-2007, 05:35 PM

Simply put is this a good spot to steal? Not really you're risking a lot for a little. Do I have a good hand? Hell no, your hand is terrible. Also people do limp call at all levels to varying degrees. If you're pulling this move with this hand you must believe its profitable enough to do with a wide variety of hands (i.e. any suited ace etc.), which it's not.