Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: STARS: Reward for 5 million VPP... This would be sick

5 million VPP in 1 year I don't think is humanly possible. If a big oversized reward was offered there would be so many "teams" keeping an account going 20+ hours a day. I could see 3-4 people together getting 5 million VPP. Im setting a pace to get my $7500 milestone bonus November 31st, which wont be easy. Then it will still be hard to get the remaining 212.5k ($7500 bonus takes 37.5k to clear) in 1 month around 7k per day. I think the $7500 bonus will be a big enough bankroll help to let me play enough. If I end up getting between 950k-1m I estimate it will cost me around 35k.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:20 AM

No way, I began to feel ill when I saw bonuses above 1,000,000
Old 10-13-2007, 12:24 AM

I don't really think it's that possible either.

But I think Elky and BigJoe both made it to Elite in Apr or May or so and they probably weren't pressing as hard as theyh could.

And if someone actually thinks they could consistently 12-table the 10/20 6-max and higher then I am guessing that onlinepro is correct that almost 2k VPP/hour is possible.

Obviously this is ignoring the aspect that 12-tabling 10/20 6-max for that many hours a day is almost certainly going to be bleeding chips no matter who the player is.
But I'm thinking OP believes he can limit his losses enough and more than make up for it with the points he earns.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP - my hunch is that there might be a few 10/20 6-max players who would love for Stars to add this if you would really 12-table it that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think this is possible. I play as many hnds/hr as pretty much anyone, and it would conservatively take me 3300 hours to do this. Pretty much 10 hrs a day, every day, playing 10-12 tables. No. [censored]. way.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:53 AM

sethy, I don't think it would take quite that long if you really could 12-table.

Roughly guesstimate for 1 table about 120 hds/hr at 1.4 VPP per hand which I think is correct.
That's almost 170 pts an hour. Play 12 tables of that and you are getting your 2k points per hour.

So this would be just 2500 hours and also doesn't include a double-VPP's promo during which you surely would crank it out even more.

anyway, if it's "only" 2500 hours then you could do 50 hours X 50 wks and make it there.

Maybe I'm rounding up too much and not considering all the down-time of tables breaking and having to find new ones, etc etc. Maybe make up for it by opening a $500 SNG or two on the side whi8le you're 12-tabling the 6-max cash-games?!?!

LOL at trying to figure out how it is somehow humanly possible to earn 5 million VPP's but whatever. It's kind of funny to crunch the numbers.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:58 AM

No way you can 12 table at 120 hds/tbl/hr

The fact of your presence at the table cuts 20-30 off that no matter how fast you play. Even if you are never noticeably slowing the game down, you are taking that little bit longer for just about every decision.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Simple enough to accomplish... 12 tables of 6 max 10-20 for 8 hours per day. That would give you over 2000 points per hour for 8 hours would be 16,000 per day which is slightly more than enough needed to make this level.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 big problems with this. First you have to be able to beat 10/20 while 12 tabling. I dont see that happening.

second, and even bigger problem is you arent going to find 12 tables of 10/20 6max running 8 hours a day
Old 10-13-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
second, and even bigger problem is you arent going to find 12 tables of 10/20 6max running 8 hours a day

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah there's 12 tables of 10/20 running approximately zero hours per day. Even if you play all the 15/30 you can get there's going to have to be a ton of 5/10.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:11 AM

yeah, I wasn't quite sure about the number of tables available bit.
Didn't check earlier but right now at 3:00am eastern there are 8 tables of 6-max so for that late hour I consider that to be pretty close and would think that maybe there would be up to 12 for at least a few hours a day.

I know I saw nononoko or whatever his name is kind of trying to do something similar for a stretch but I think he was usually 8 or 10 tabling them.
Conceiveably you could also mix in an occasional 10/20 10-player table. usually there are 1 or 2 of those going also.

The point that your own presence is going to slow down the games enough when you are 12 tabling is probably valid also.
Although I still think something approaching 2k points an hour might still be possible.

Alobar's point that there's no way a player can win playing that fast is obviously correct. Onlinepro has mostly given up on that I believe because he thinks Stars has rigged the games again him. He still seems willing to continue playing there and taking his losses because the points and milestones make up for that.
Something like that anyway. That's the impression one can get from previous posts of his.
So since he considers it a foregone conclusion that Stars is going to make him lose there anyway he might as well play as much as he can and rack up 'dem points!! All 5-million of them apparently.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:23 AM

Its busy and its saturday. 12 is rare I think, wonder if anyone has any stats.

c'mon Stars offer onlinepro a deal and a video camera - I want to see if he explodes.

chez