Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   STARS: Reward for 5 million VPP... This would be sick (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521735)

OnlinePro 10-12-2007 07:39 PM

STARS: Reward for 5 million VPP... This would be sick

What if stars introduced a sick reward for 5 million VPP how many of you would go for it ?

How sick would the reward have to be to make you go for it ?

Would it be possible to reach it playing the games you normally would play 8 hours per day 6 days per week minimum 8 tables at a time.

Please discuss.

Personally I would go for it, no doubt. Playing the games I play 5-10 - 15-30 limit I can reach it with 9 hours per day 27 days per month

derosnec 10-12-2007 08:03 PM

Re: STARS: Reward for 5 million VPP... This would be sick

stars paying the person's medical bills for aneurysms would be pretty sick

MicroBob 10-12-2007 08:05 PM

That's 15432 points per day for 324 days.

No, I don't think I could do this.
Even if the total reward at the end of all of it was $1 million i don't believe i could do it.

I think for a million-zillion dollars the max I could do is probably in the 10kVPP/day range. MAAAYBE.

Note that $1 million in total wouldn't be that unfathomable a reward for such a goal.

Under following assumptions:
- VPP for SN is worth 5.25 cents in FPP's
- Milestones and tourney packages worth another 5 cents per VPP.

So right now you are getting about 10 cents per VPP.
Up that to 12.5 cents total once you get to Elite with the 5x pts while the milestone stuff past 1-million pretty much stays at 5c per VPP.

So just on how it runs already you will be close to $600k+ once you hit 5-million VPP's.

So giving an extra $400k for someone to make it to 5-mil would almost double the value of your VPP's but that's not enough for me to try to make it...which, again I don't think I coudl do anyway.

MAAAAYBE if it was $1-million alone just for making it to 5-million. This would be above and beyond the $600k+ you already make with all those points and milestones on your way there so it's a total of $1.6-million.

So this increases the value of your VPP's from 12.5c each all the way up to 32c each if I'm doing the math corectly.
About 2.5x increase.

Obviously the RB% you would get by doing this would be insane and Stars would technically lose moneyon you. but I suspect they MIGHT make it up on the other players who actually are crazy enough to go for this who will easily fall short.

considering some of onlinepro's previous posts about not winning there, etc I'm kind of surprised he would want to go for something like this.

rothko 10-12-2007 08:10 PM

http://www.motortrak.co.uk/common_fi...N%20MARTIN.jpg

Alobar 10-12-2007 08:16 PM

wow, im so glad you started a thread for this

MicroBob 10-12-2007 08:17 PM

Ummm, how much is that car worth?
If it's worth $500k or something then I believe you can THINK about hunkering down all year and going for the 5-million.

If it's only $100k or something then I don't think that's much of a reward for making it to 5-million VPP.

rothko 10-12-2007 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ummm, how much is that car worth?
If it's worth $500k or something then I believe you can THINK about hunkering down all year and going for the 5-million.

If it's only $100k or something then I don't think that's much of a reward for making it to 5-million VPP.

[/ QUOTE ]

little over 100k. just saying they have something for 5m. no point in adding that level.

Henry17 10-12-2007 08:25 PM

Back in 2000 I'd do it for $500k. Today I'd need at least $4M.

I was considering going for SNE after joining Stars late this year. I figured out that I could do over 100k VPP a week if I had no life. In the end I figured it wasn't worth it. To have no life for a year requires a major reward.

Alobar 10-12-2007 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was considering going for SNE after joining Stars late this year. I figured out that I could do over 100k VPP a week if I had no life.

[/ QUOTE ]

what limits do you play?

Henry17 10-12-2007 08:30 PM

I play limit. Usually 5-10