Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Should I have folded on the turn?

PF is an easy raise.

The flop is in an easy c/r. This board is drawy and you'll get called down here by as little as King high here IMO. Obviously the turn card sucks, but I usually can't fold in this spot against a tilting opponent.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:49 AM

b/c the turn because there are two flush draws, and an A is the perfect card to get bluff raised. If you are c/c'ing the turn you pretty much let the guy play perfect against you.

I have to have a note or stats that says this guy never raises the big streets without the goods to fold on the turn. Especially in BvB when people show up with weird stuff (even more so when tilting).
Old 10-11-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oink,
c/c or b/c turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c IMO
Old 10-11-2007, 01:09 PM

Can someone please explain why b/c is better than c/c on the turn?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your insight on this hand. I almost never check-raise or check-call, but after reading your posts I will try to incorporate it into my game.

Also, in this particular hand, after about 75 hands, I haven't seen this opponent raise without having the goods. Preflop when he re-raised I immediately put him on having an ace, so therefore when the ace came on the turn, I was hesitant to bet out. If I would have check-raised the flop, when the ace came on the turn, I bet out, and get raised by a passive, should I always fold?

Then as played, should I have ch-folded the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

you say that he's tilting a bit, but even while he's tilting, you say you never saw him raise without the goods. so you can't expand his pre-flop raise range too much beyond that provided by the stats.

given that, i would just c/c down from the flop because his tilt could easily manifest itself by him 3-barreling with anything. c/r flop ranks close second imo.

as played, i see absolutely no reason to bet the turn especially if you yourself put him on an ace. you are behind his range now. you should c/c down because A is a good bluffing card.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:19 PM

I'd c/c the turn after our weird flop play (which is very bad imo). our hand looks like some stupid bluff that is giving up so we likely induce some bluffs esp given his tilty state, and we save a bet when we are beat (which looks to be pretty often based on his preflop stats). that leads to a crappy river spot because our hand is really transparent, but I would c/c anyways because villain is bad and tilted (and I has a pair in a blind battle)

if we c/r the flop I think b/c turn is better because we are representing more strength and a check makes our hand look like exactly what it is (pair trying to get to SD) so I wouldn't expect him to bluff much there. I think b/c > b/f because he is tilted and I expect him to rep the ace with whatever
Old 10-11-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

see my post two above yours.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I donīt think this passive player will bluff raise in this spot.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I donīt think this passive player will bluff raise in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is where you have to decide on your own if your read is strong enough. If your read is strong enough that you should b/f the turn, then by all means b/f the turn. However from the info given the OP the best play is almost definitely b/c the turn (especially if you c/r'd the flop). for the reasons I and yourface gave.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd c/c the turn after our weird flop play (which is very bad imo). our hand looks like some stupid bluff that is giving up so we likely induce some bluffs esp given his tilty state, and we save a bet when we are beat (which looks to be pretty often based on his preflop stats). that leads to a crappy river spot because our hand is really transparent, but I would c/c anyways because villain is bad and tilted (and I has a pair in a blind battle)

if we c/r the flop I think b/c turn is better because we are representing more strength and a check makes our hand look like exactly what it is (pair trying to get to SD) so I wouldn't expect him to bluff much there. I think b/c > b/f because he is tilted and I expect him to rep the ace with whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of Heisenb3rg's post about scare cards and LAGs.