Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Should I have folded on the turn? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520310)

pipernga 10-10-2007 10:32 PM

Should I have folded on the turn?

The BB is a bit tilted, but stats at 35/3.6/.96, should I have folded preflop, on the turn, or called down postflop?

Poker Stars, $1/$2 Limit Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="red">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, BB calls

Turn: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">BB raises</font>, Hero calls

River: (8 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets</font>, Hero calls

bosh 10-10-2007 10:45 PM

Re: Should I have folded on the turn?

Preflop is fine but i really think you should have c/r the flop instead of donking. Do you have any history with villian in bvb situations? He might well have the ace as many villians will auto 3bet any ace from the BB. As played i think i would just call down here as he could be using the ace as a scare card. Not sure if this is correct but i feel in a blind battle 2nd pair nearly always has to go to showdown.

inferno 10-11-2007 04:35 AM

not much wrong with this, im not folding 2nd pair in a blindbattle. However I would just c/c or c/r the flop

Mozart 10-11-2007 08:48 AM

I donīt donkbet the flop, check-raise the flop or if he canīt lay down hands (ace high, small pps) then check-raise the turn.

Of course after the ace hit the turn a calldown is a good idea.
I donīt know how good the river call is because the rivercard completes now every possible draw.

Oink 10-11-2007 09:06 AM

Preflop is fine. You want to open fold Q9s in the SB?!?!?!?

Flop is a c/c or c/r. He is betting 100% of his range and your eq is good if he is tilting. If he isnt just c/c it down IMO. Donking really doesnt make much sense IMO.

Since you think he is tilting and since its a blind battle and since thats the perfect bluff card you need to see a SD on the turn.

mattnxtc 10-11-2007 09:06 AM

I think you can probably save a BB on the river...there really isnt much you beat.

thepizzlefosho 10-11-2007 09:15 AM

pfr is good. dont fold this in an unopened pot from the SB. And reread your description of the player. sure he is weak passive, but he is also tilting (??). So second pair in a blind battle is definitely worth showing down.

also go for the c/r on the flop. Very few players ever 3-bet pf and then don't fire on the flop. You are ahead of his range right now so get some value for your hand.

pipernga 10-11-2007 10:46 AM

Thanks for your insight on this hand. I almost never check-raise or check-call, but after reading your posts I will try to incorporate it into my game.

Also, in this particular hand, after about 75 hands, I haven't seen this opponent raise without having the goods. Preflop when he re-raised I immediately put him on having an ace, so therefore when the ace came on the turn, I was hesitant to bet out. If I would have check-raised the flop, when the ace came on the turn, I bet out, and get raised by a passive, should I always fold?

Then as played, should I have ch-folded the river?

Wolfram 10-11-2007 10:53 AM

oink,
c/c or b/c turn?

xerber 10-11-2007 10:55 AM

Preflop is standard. c/r his c-bet on this flop - i personally never donk HU when iīm not the aggressor PF.

I c/c the turn because i feel like the opponent will always bluff in this spot and when our bet is raised we are not good that often.