Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Re: NL100 JJ faces weird preflop raise size

c/r?
Old 10-10-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
isnt villains pf range after calling the rr like any pair, AK/AQ? the reraise size is pretty small.

[/ QUOTE ]

im gonna continue my post from before by saying that even if this is his range and you lead flop and get shoved on, if you narrow that range down to TT+ and AK for a bluff sometimes you still have plenty of equity for a bet/call on the flop. combining this with the fact that we're completely readless...once we 3 bet pf against this raise size im just bet/calling flop.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
isnt villains pf range after calling the rr like any pair, AK/AQ? the reraise size is pretty small.

[/ QUOTE ]

im gonna continue my post from before by saying that even if this is his range and you lead flop and get shoved on, if you narrow that range down to TT+ and AK for a bluff sometimes you still have plenty of equity for a bet/call on the flop. combining this with the fact that we're completely readless...once we 3 bet pf against this raise size im just bet/calling flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I still come back to his 7BB raise preflop, and think you have to weight QQ+ significantly higher than anything else. Also, readless, do you really think some random dude is gonna bluffshove AK here?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:32 PM

bet/snap call shove... bet size amount doesn't really matter too much in this spot imo, sometimes I bet like half pot here to make him think he can bluff-shove me since I'm not worried about free cards or anything.. Anyways as long as you don't fold, you're way ahead of his range given odds and he only has 86BB's. Not much else you can do, you can't check/fold and you can't bet/fold.