Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Big 1/2 NL Pots

Saw several very large 1/2 pots last night. It was just one of those tables with the right couple players--a calling station with 4 $1000 chips in her purse and a wad of $100 that'd choke Mr. Ed who had no problems calling $300 with her A4 top pair no kicker, and a wild and aggressive donkey who sat on a horseshoe. In this $300 cap buyin game the stacks were like $1600, $800, $800, $700, $600, $600, $300, $200, $200.

Two fun ones... a four-way with two all-in's taken down by 76o hitting one pair on the river. He was on mega-tilt after having lost $300 to the aggro donkey and was gonna play any pot that guy was in, so hey, a $100 pre-flop raise was not gonna stop him from coming in with 76o. And AA vs T8o (T8 in the hands of the same guy who played the 76o) when AA had a meltdown and said "all-in" after the flop of T8X with $50 in the pot facing a bet of like $50 by T8. $1600 behind AA and $1000 behind T8 thanks to the just stacked 76 pot.

T8/76 immediately cashed out, almost giggling, having been seated no more than 30 minutes and claimed he was heading to Bellagio to play ferreal. AA cashed out about two hands later looking totally shell-shocked.

FUN table until then... that took like $2700 off the table and it never was the same again.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:17 PM

all i've really learned from this thread is that live poker is rigged.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:41 AM

this was the most hilarious hand i've been in at 1/2:

i've been playing pretty well for a few hours and have about 700 at my stack at this point and big stack has about 1300. very briefly before that i said i'd like to double up through that to the kid next to me, and said it was next to impossible. little did i know that l o l's were in the haps

he's solid, but has hilarious leaks, as shown in the following:

he raises to 12 (standard preflop raise in this game is 10-12; nubs raise to 15 or something with big hands) from the co, i call with kj hearts in the sb.

flop comes
a102 two hearts. i bet 15, he raises to 40, i call.

turn comes
k spades. i check. he bets 60. i call.

river
q diamonds i check again after thinking for a second about the board. he thinks, and announces, "I'M ALL IN"

sup 2pair

lolgg
"[censored] RIVER man, he RIVERED me"
Old 09-26-2007, 07:50 PM

saw my buddy who was up to just over $700, lose his hole stack on one hand, guy hit a gut shot straight flush draw on his made nut flush. The pot was close to $1600.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:54 PM

In a $300.00 capped by-in made the biggest score of my life. My first night at the Trop in AC I bought in for $60.00 and built up my stack to just short of $2500.00 in about 7 hours. We were being moved around a lot as tables were closing and ended up with 10 big stacks ranging from a grand to 35 hundred.

First hand a this table:

I raise to 50 in early position with my pocket 9's (just felling out the table) and get a few callers 3 I believe. Then this fellow I call him dumbass who I ran into at my first table and briefly at another table that same night. Some bad blood and a little name calling between us. Dumdass raises to 200 on the button. Both blinds fold and its back to me. He's got me covered by a few hundred... I put him on a steal and reraise him to 400. Everyone else folds. He calls. Now I am worried that I might be dominated (bigger pair) and don't want to lose a big pot to dumdass.

Flop comes A 9 9

After carefull consideration I bet 500 about half the pot.

Dumdass reraises making it a grand to go. I presume my earlier read was right he had an over pair AA and was betting what he thought was the Nuts aces full nines...

I look at him and say listen man you can't have a hand all the time... ( He had pushed me off a few pots I maybe should have called earlier that night ) I told him I could beat his bluff and was making my stand here and now.

ALL-IN!

He insta called before I could reach for my chips...

Dealer counts out my chips to 2090 and then counts out dumbass's. At this point I am honestly worried that someone f**ked with the deck and he to has nines too.... lolll FUnny what will go through your mindas you wait with that much on the line even with quads...

At this point I look at dumbass till our eyes locked and turned over my nines. I saw life fade from his eyes and there was a loud moan when when he turned over his aces.

Two rags came and I won just over 5 grand!
Dealer counted out 52 cards...
Best poker night ever !!!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:03 PM

Was the guy with AA's nickname KGB? Im sure that story is true [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ok Mine is alright only about 900 dollars in a 1/2 game. This guy has stacked me early flopping a set against my KK, when a standard 7 to the flop raised pot happens. Board is 2 4 6 rainbow and I call a largish flop bet with 5 7. Turn is a beautiful 8 and I c/r villain all in, he shows 3 5 for the lower str8. Ship 900. Came close to over 1000 pots before but never got the villain to call my nutz. They could always fold their 2 pairs, oh well.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:29 AM

ok just got back from vegas got a couple for u.

1st one was at harrahs, 1/2 nl. game played quite big, i've probably got 400 in front of me. guy in mp opens for 10, i make it 28 with KK. guy to my left cold calls. bb raises to 60. original raiser calls, i reraise to 160. guy to my left calls as does bb and orig raiser. only chips left are between me and bb. flop comes q94. bb leads for 40 i move in, she calls and shows jacks. KK is good for maybe 1300 dollar pot. faded two huge draws on the river too.

second one was at the mirage. have been playing for a few hours and have around 800. a few other big stacks at the table too. standard is not good. a million limpers i make it 24 in sb with KK. only 1 caller in MP. flop comes K77, both check. turn is an ace. i check he bets 40 i min raise to 80. i hate min raising but i wanted to give him chance to do something crazy. anyway he calls and now im 100% certain of his hand. river rolls off a beautiful 7 for a final board of k77a7. pot is about 250 i have 650 behind. remembering capt zeebo's theorem i move in for 650, guy has me covered. he thinks for maybe a second then says i have to call, have u got an ace?? err no, ship the 1600 dollar pot. oh yeh one other thing about this hand, as im stacking my chips one guy says "wow this guy's tricky, he checked the flop too...."
Old 10-10-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I lost a ~1500 dollar pot at Mandalay in 1/2 when my flopped boat got beat by runner-runner quads by some donk with an overpair. Got it all in on the flop.

That was maybe 6 months ago and I still feel sick thinking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

his turn card was enough to win him the pot, DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. DO YOU SEE WHY?

<font color="white">AJ v TT on AJJ flop, T turn, T river for example</font>

EDIT: I'm an idiot.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I lost a ~1500 dollar pot at Mandalay in 1/2 when my flopped boat got beat by runner-runner quads by some donk with an overpair. Got it all in on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe "overpair" usually means pair higher than any card on the board.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT: I'm an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're right. Rather than repeat this annoying DUCY junk:

Flop is 779 and all the chips go in with 99 vs. KK. KK could go runner runner quad 7's to win without being ahead on the turn.