Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: 400NL getting owned by 1/2 pot bets

re street agression frequencies: I figured those were important, but this guys were so weird i'm thinking it was just a sample size issue. his total aggression was like 1, with every street below 1 except the turn which was like 6.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:00 PM

in that case vs basically an unknown, c/f turn is the std....altho i 2 barrel here a lot, not as much vs a loose villain tho
Old 09-26-2007, 03:55 PM

CRing this river is retarded because unless this guy is really good, which he is not, this is either a straight or a flush or a bluff. I doubt he is good enough to bet a T here for value on this river. As played I'd call the river, and I swear these bets are bluffs a lot more than people seem to think.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CRing this river is retarded because unless this guy is really good, which he is not, this is either a straight or a flush or a bluff. I doubt he is good enough to bet a T here for value on this river. As played I'd call the river, and I swear these bets are bluffs a lot more than people seem to think.

[/ QUOTE ]

bad players tend to bet really big when they have a really good hand.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
the point is that bad players dont have to have a really big hand to call your river c/r
Old 09-26-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
the point is that bad players dont have to have a really big hand to call your river c/r

[/ QUOTE ]

no it wasn't. And villain does have to have a strong hand to call a river c/r

edit: if the bold didn't do it. The point was that check/ raising is bad because it gets villain to fold his bluffs and only his bluffs. But we already beat his bluffs, which means calling is better.

However, I'm quite sure villain has AT or KT or something here. A big c/r gets villain to lay down most one pair hands.

edit edit: I see you made a post saying you don't think loose players fold river with marginal hands. I disagree...and in terms of exploitive play thats where we have to stop.

If we're talking about playing optimally, then your c/r on this river should mean you have a weak made hand sometimes, and have the nuts sometimes. I'm not going to go back and analyze the hand, but I think its quite possible for hero to get to the river with a flush, straight or set.