Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2006, 08:49 PM

Default Re: turn semibluff

[ QUOTE ]
He can read boards and tries to read hands and in that context the T is a very bad card for him.

Also, Mr. Pink has showndown nothing but big hands and has been playing tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. I probably should have thrown that in somewhere in my original post.

Dave, you were there. what did you put him on after the flop raise? KQ, QJ, maybe A8? most likely being QJ. and some outside chances of sets.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is, he has some kind of better queen here most of the time (at least). And though he does like to stare at the board a bit and ponder, he usually ends up calling. In that case, you're just charging yourself to catch up. Plus, if you just call his turn bet here, he may check the river behind with better queens. You def have to bet the river if you improve as he won't do it for you if it is even remotely scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. I was definitely putting in 1 bet anyway so it's only investing another 1bb to potentially win 6.5 w/out a showdown. plus I have plently of outs if behind and he does end up calling.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He can read boards and tries to read hands and in that context the T is a very bad card for him.

Also, Mr. Pink has showndown nothing but big hands and has been playing tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. I probably should have thrown that in somewhere in my original post.

Dave, you were there. what did you put him on after the flop raise? KQ, QJ, maybe A8? most likely being QJ. and some outside chances of sets.

[/ QUOTE ]

KQ/QJ or so for him. And after the turn checkraise, your hand looked a lot like a set or QT.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:17 PM

I understand your logic and don't think the play is that costly either way - if you think there is a chance he'll fold, it's certainly correct. But I really doubt (this) villain is folding here. That's just my humble opinion from playing with him and the texture of the board and the kind of hands he'd limp with.

Jeff