FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2006, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Rebuy Sats.... Question?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Always rebuy- always add-on..always..everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect with satellites, this is not necessarily true.

[/ QUOTE ]

in the 11$ ones, it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, but what if you buy-in for 11, rebuy for 10, and then get busted when some guy rivers a boat against your nut flush? Rebuy, add on, and add again, and suddenly you're in for $51, and the max payout is $215.

I guess my question is this: in the $11R to the $215, when do you stop rebuying?

Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as your playing your 'A' game, never..do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I do not. The most I can win is $215, so once I bust and rebuy 10 times I cannot win money.

Wait, I get it. If I stop I also can't win the $215, right?

Either it is counterintuitive, or I'm an idjit, but part of me has to think that there is a line somewhere. Maybe not. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2006, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Always rebuy- always add-on..always..everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect with satellites, this is not necessarily true.

[/ QUOTE ]

in the 11$ ones, it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, but what if you buy-in for 11, rebuy for 10, and then get busted when some guy rivers a boat against your nut flush? Rebuy, add on, and add again, and suddenly you're in for $51, and the max payout is $215.

I guess my question is this: in the $11R to the $215, when do you stop rebuying?

Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as your playing your 'A' game, never..do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I do not. The most I can win is $215, so once I bust and rebuy 10 times I cannot win money.

Wait, I get it. If I stop I also can't win the $215, right?

Either it is counterintuitive, or I'm an idjit, but part of me has to think that there is a line somewhere. Maybe not. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I added an edit into my post.

But in theory, I don't stop rebuying very much. I look at it as if it's the long run. If I invest 225$ into a 215 sat(never happened..lol) and win it. That's much better than investing 105 into it and then saying "man..I've put too much in...gotta quit".

The 36+3's are different obviously, because you can get way upside down, and it's harder to make up for a BIG buy-in rebuy in those.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So how do you play the $11R? (ie. which buy-in opportunity do you skip?)

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll always double my buyin and I'll always add-on, but I play it much slower in the first hour than I would normally. Basically pace myself, take a lot of flops, but not go balls-out crazy pushing suited connectors PF like I do during standard rebuys.

In the $11 for a $650 seat, I'd aim for something like the first double buyin, two more doubles, and an add-on. Granted it doesn't always work out this way, but I think anything higher and you're into weird "I need to have a 50%+ chance of getting ITM for this to be +EV" territory.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:25 PM

I completely agree with this. It is the same logic that says to not consider how many chips you have put in a pot, but only the size of the pot. If you are a better than average player and rebuying gives you a reasonable amount of chips then it is always profitable to rebuy.

The one (obvious) addition to make is that playing the maniac rebuy strategy that many people use in this forum is not the way to go in sats.