Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2006, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Surrounded by seperation

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, divorce is difficult, even if it's a mutual decision. Please be there for them. Tell them that you don't understand their decision or situation, but you are there if they need you.

There are some things that happened between my wife and I that I won't discuss with anyone, because it's our business really and nobody else's. The main reason for our divorce is that we are incompatible. We each have needs that the other can't fulfil. If a friend came up and asked me, I would tell them that. If you are close to them, you are likely to get the full story, or at least most of the story.

Don't pry too much though, especially now. Just offer support and be a good friend to them. If they know you aren't judging them, and are there for them, they will probably end up telling you what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Incompatible" usually means you were selfish and is usually a code word for the fact that you cheated on her. Boredom is the most frequent reason for divorce these days. People think their spouses are like VCR's. Throw them away when a new model arrives.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Incompatible" usually means you were selfish and is usually a code word for the fact that you cheated on her. Boredom is the most frequent reason for divorce these days. People think their spouses are like VCR's. Throw them away when a new model arrives.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, "incompatible" means "incompatible." You don't know me or the situation, but yet you assume I cheated on my wife because I said we were incompatible?

For your information, I never cheated on my wife. We got married, after a while we separated for a year, then gave it another shot. A year after giving it the second try, we both came to the conclusion that we were not compatible. As a couple, we could not be happy.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:13 AM

Thanks to the feedback in this thread,
This weekend I spoke to one of my cousins, and the other cousins wife (no divorce yet, just seperated). It was the first time we openly talked about it, they were put at ease that I was not judging and that I was extending any support I could offer. They assured me it's better for them and that was good to hear they aren't totally breaking up inside.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:26 PM

Glad to hear it. Hopefully they will get through things without too much unneeded pain.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You rode to school on the short, yellow bus, didn't you?
Old 03-15-2006, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You rode to school on the short, yellow bus, didn't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic LMAO