Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2006, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Check/Folding 2nd Nut 4-Flush on Turn

Sorry, I realize I didn't address what hands he might be raising MP here (remember, it's 5-handed). JTs, J9s, T9s and occasionally T8s. He is 17 % PFR, so this range seems reasonable.

Yes, an ace x is a lot of his hands here. Maybe calling down instead of c/r'ing the turn is fine. But I still don't like a fold.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:00 PM

Thanks for the constructive responses. All those extra combos of the suited connectors make folding very bad in retrospect, because that is a lot of combos. I still don't like bet/fold for the reasons I mentioned before (letting him get away from pair no diamond hands), but check/call donk or check/call, check/call is definitely the better play.

Thanks again for the explanation, and hopefully I do better next time.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fish has so far played very passive, so I read his hand for a pretty decent hand, despite him only having $15 or so left.

[/ QUOTE ]
I tend to undervalue hands of people who are short-stacked, though if I'm counting right this guy looks like he might make it to the river. Still, the fact that he didn't raise the turn means he probably doesn't have the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] so he's likely just padding the pot for you.

[ QUOTE ]
And wouldn't a solid TAG with AK or AQ no diamond now check this flop to see how I react to the fishes expected bet, since my hand looks very much like a made baby flush or big flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]
I assume you mean he'd check the turn -- I could see the TAG playing this either way (bet or check) with or without the flush. In some ways, I think a check from the TAG would be scarier. I think he'd be likely to try and check-raise you and the Fish with the A-high flush.

[ QUOTE ]
As for calling the flop cap, but folding the turn, I thought the TAG defined his hand with his turn donk once the flush hit. He is not raising QxJd or QxTd UTG and I have the Kd.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he actually could raise those hands from MP, and you're also leaving off JJ, TT, 88 with a lone [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

[ QUOTE ]
Also, why would he play a set that way, when its very likely he will have to now pay 2 bets for his draw? Adx just makes up such a huge portion of his range IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I had a set of Q's I wouldn't assume I was drawing just yet and there's a chance I'd bet that turn. If I did, I'd sure love it if someone folded a lone [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] because they were sure they were beat.