Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Trop v. Hilton AC

Of course you have to defend blinds (the pros do it on WPT and WSOP final tables so it has to be right). You can lead right out and bet post flop too. But seriously, that's how it always is at the trop and I wanted to make sure smaller rooms were similar. A friend of mine may be able to get a free room at the showboat and if he does i figure I'll play there quite a bit when I'm in town Oct 5-6.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:53 PM

yeah pretty much everywhere it's like this. The showboat actually is a pretty nice place, i've only been there twice but it's pretty chill, and the people seem friendlier. (maybe just luck of the draw?). Though if you just want to play poker and listen to your ipod you should probably stay at showboat and just walk over to Taj, they are both connected.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:15 AM

most of the differences has been summed up. Caesars has 42" and 50" plasmas all over the room which is nice especially during football season. They also have the bad beat jackpot so its an extra $1 out of every pot, as does Hilton, trop does not. You have to post a BB to jump in a game at Caesar's, no posting necessary at trop. I forget what the Hilton does. As far as the room itself, Caesars and Hilton are definitely nicer than Trop which has gone downhill. Poker room food, Hilton has good hot dogs and a small menu with sandwhiches/soup, as does Caesars although I like to go outside for a crab cake sandwhich at phillip's. Trop usually has a decent $3 soup and some sandwhiches. 1/2 NL is about the same over the weekends anywhere except Caesars might be more loose and aggressive. During the week Trop has mostly regulars/nits. Trop better for limit game options too. Of the 3 I'd say go Caesars