Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: L.A. Happy Hour - confirmation and SWEET UPDATE!!!

LFS, thanks for the help with the research. Very much appreciated.

Iggy, that does look pretty sweet. I would consider splitting a room at $225 but if that's too weird I'll probably just slum it at one of the ghetto places LFS mentioned. I don't care about the quality of the joint so much as concern about my vehicle being broken into.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LFS, thanks for the help with the research. Very much appreciated.

Iggy, that does look pretty sweet. I would consider splitting a room at $225 but if that's too weird I'll probably just slum it at one of the ghetto places LFS mentioned. I don't care about the quality of the joint so much as concern about my vehicle being broken into.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tuq, you have a jeep WRANGLER??? I will trade you my 4Runner- noone will break into that...and i'd LOVE to drive your jeep a few days! Plus i have a garage for it at my home (in South Bay). Suzzer will vouch for me being responsible!

Maybe we'll get some people to go to the Landmark and see the King of Kong- so you can see it! It's only 138 minutes, so i can sit still for that long and would love to see it again!
I am going to the concert LA Invasion ALL day saturday- YEA!!!- Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, Velvet Revolver, Kid Rock, Chris Cornell, Cypress Hill, Hot hot heat, Against Me, and Paramore...others too i think. But my kid really wanted to go too- so, ya know...
How long are you in town??
Old 09-10-2007, 12:43 PM

aladare,

No, a Jeep Grand Cherokee. That's how I roll. Literally.

I definitely would like to see that movie at some point, even if Charlie ruined the ending for me. (Nothing personal Chuck, hope to see you on Friday and you can buy me a drink for being the spoiler king.)

I'm probably not gonna get to LA until 6-7ish on Friday and will probably leave on Sunday. Maybe I'll stay through Sunday and leave Monday. Dunno. I do know that I am deliberately leaving Saturday day open so I can stay out at late as necessary on Friday.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much my concern also. I've never cared how much a dump a place is, just as long as my car is still there untouched in the morning.

While the pictures that Ramada has on their website look sweet, their virtual tour don't look nearly the same :

http://www.showhotel.com/ramada/00320/panorama.htm

I don't know if the virtual tour is old or what, but it doesn't look as pimp, like it doesn't have the flat screen TV or the colors like the pictures do.

I'm going to call or email them about it and find out the 411. They do charge $27 per day for parking though.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:05 AM

okie - so Tuq if you arent leaving til Monday there is a home game sunday nyts in the LBZ that you will have to go to.
but most of all - if you are going to spend the $ to stay in a suite at the RAMADA (for the love of sweet jzus), rilly rilly plz stay at the standard or the grafton or yeah the hotels at universal are ok.
re: how will everyone find each other - cnf is a lil busy most evenings, so this is more of an issue than not (not to be like the brownie troop junior squad leader or anyting)
Old 09-11-2007, 01:08 AM

just throw out a couple sup bros. Or look for a group of mouth-breathing nerdlingers sequestered around a laptop screen.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:11 AM

Also, we'll probably be hard to miss with this motley crew. It'll look like my high school, politically-correct Spanish textbooks where the illustrations always show whites and the blacks hanging out with Mexicans and handicapped people and the token Asian is there too instead of studying for his math test tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
re: how will everyone find each other

[/ QUOTE ]
Hopefully LFS will come through with some sweet reserved tables for us. We'll probably have 10-15 at any give time, maybe more, assuming no lurkers.

Back on Saturday, I reached out to the site that made the t-shirts for 2+2 to try to buy 10-20 sup bro? shirts of varying sizes but they haven't gotten back to me yet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] That would have made for a sweet pic.

As for hotels, man I seriously have no clue. I STILL haven't booked one but will do it tomorrow. Some of you guys have been helpful though, particularly LFS. My friend in Pasadena says I'm more than welcome to crash with them, but that just seems impractical cab-wise and I'm not gonna be stupid and drive out of this thing, I guess I could temper my consumption but I really don't want to for this one.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:21 AM

The Standard (on sunset) is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And cool and great location. Not expensive for Hollywood. Bar Marmont is like across the street! Diamond Dawg knows his LA hotels! How is that anyways??? Meet lotsa women to shmooze after hours??? HAHA.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, we'll probably be hard to miss with this motley crew. It'll look like my high school, politically-correct Spanish textbooks where the illustrations always show whites and the blacks hanging out with Mexicans and handicapped people and the token Asian is there too instead of studying for his math test tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I <3 this post.

Off the top of my head, I know there's pictures of at least Tuck, Alanna, David, Mat and myself floating around. I'm too lazy to find the 2+2 RL pics thread to see if anyone else is on there.

EDIT:

How could I forget Suzzer and his bloody pics?