Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: QQ called 3 bet pre, now facing min raise on flop

[ QUOTE ]
How bout we try and play post flop.....

4-betting NL 25 folds out every holding that we beat, and we are only getting called/5-bet by the top 3% of villains range.

AA/KK/AK

[/ QUOTE ]

Against an unknown, this is not true. 25NL isn't a rock garden, especially against unknowns.

I'd only lead this flop if I was willing to commit. It doesn't sound like you are.

I'm happy shoving over the minraise; it is very likely that you are ahead.

As played, you'll probably want to get it in against any non-A or non-K turn.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:38 PM

as played, donking into that flop will get you raised by any two. your bet looks like 88-TT or maybe AJ timidly firing out. i think you've inadvertently committed yourself here because of the increased possibility of getting bluffed.

you c/r the turn for the same reason you should have c/r'd the continuation bet on the flop: you're not getting value from being called by worse, you're getting value from trapping the money being bet by worse.

I think b/3b on the flop is fine too, but I think crai on the turn maximizes if the guy really is an aggro monkey, though it sucks when an A or K hits.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:01 PM

We beat JJ, AQ, AK. The rest of his range is read dependant but if you are going to fold QQ on a flop like this you might as well fold it preflop unless you are only playing it for set value?!? Personaly i would raise the donk-bet with pretty much any 2. Call here and reevaluate on turn fold to any A or K on turn / river. I will c/c down from there. Min-raise on flop is often a bluff or somebody trying to see where he stands.

I also 4-bet preflop most of the times and fold to a shove when you flat call there your hand is very underrepresented so you can hardly fold postflop most pockets and suited connectors are still in your range here probably.

Edit: the way you played it preflop i also check-raise the flop to get c-bets from AQ/AK and smaller pockets.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:30 PM

IMO you either have to shove here or call and crai a blank turn. You canīt fold an overpair here IMO. Villain range is not as tight as you think. Letīs say you shove the flop (my favourite action, since JJ might be scared to continue after the turn card) and he calls only with TT+, still you have 33% equity with 2 to 1 odds. Add to this some FE and also the possibility that he calls with something else (who knows), then shoving is clearly correct. Folding here is a clear mistake IMO. BTW I would have preferred to 4bet pre-flop. I totally disagree with the statement that in NL-25 this will fold the hands we beat.