Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 02:50 AM

Default Re: i think i\'m turning into a calling station.

The PF call is marginal. You're gonna be in bad spot on almost all flops. But you got a decent flop. You're most likely ahead.

His cbet really has no significance. He does it all the time. Reraise him. Find out where you are. Your hand is too vulnerable to just be calling.

The turn bricks. He pushes. And the hole you're in gets deeper.

Bottomline: You ended up passively playing for stacks with an easily dominated hand OOP. This trainwreck all goes back to your preflop decision.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:52 AM

Yeah these situations are tough. I'm pretty much playing for set value here. I understand I'm losing value versus hands like big aces, but even then it turns into a guessing game when big cards come, so I'm also probably saving money in some situations. After he puts in the raise, you're getting 1.9 to 1, and a total of 9.8 to 1 if you include implied odds, so that makes it moderately profitable to call imo, considering the times you hit the set and he folds his unpaired big cards. If the stacks were deeper, maybe you could try and take the pot away on some flops w/o pot-committing yourself, and if the stacks were shallower you'd probably fold pf unless he was super aggressive.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PF, the biggest mistake is the minraise, wtf?? make it 2$.
Flop, if you are calling this flop, you rather be shoving it. The moment you decide you will stick with this hand all the way, why not put the money in right now??
And also, villains seems very lag, so 4 betting/shove flop isnt that bad. His range is like 88+, and also, having a minraise in front of you just makes it even more tempting to reraise, so I wouldnt hate 4betting that much.
And absolutely no way Im folding it PF, or after.

[/ QUOTE ]

its nl25, not a minraise.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:26 AM

question... what do you consider his range here? a range that is about the top 6%, is something like 99+, AQo+, AJs+, KQs, and you are a 55/45 dog vs that range. Given on this particular flop you only improve against his range by about 5% and are now coin flipping. If you're sometimes wrong about him double barrel with whiffed overs, this seems pretty poor.

I don't really think this line is optimal against people at 25nl. If you're an underdog with TT preflop, you can just fold. It's not criminal.