Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Simple preflop AQs in SB facing a Button 3 bet from LAG

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like your 3 bet size

Also, the fact that this question was even posed suggests a fundamental lack of understanding about how your actions are connected to one another. Did you really raise without any idea of what to do if he shoved?

[/ QUOTE ]

nath

of course i had a plan - i was convinced aq s was ahead of his range and appropriately called. - the truth at the time i figured he was doing this with AT+, 88+, and think kq was even in his range. so i took about 3 seconds to call.

But what i really wanted tho to see if that logic made sense or if you saw a guy changing speeds how you factor that in in cases like this. clearly i really didnt at the time
Old 09-06-2007, 09:05 PM

Ok, I gotcha. That makes sense. Personally, I 4 bet a lot in spots vs people I think are willing to 3 bet / fold, so I would think his range is wide here
Old 09-06-2007, 09:08 PM

He's effectively shoving like 12.5x your raise, so unless you have notes that read: "OMFG BIGGEST MANIAC EVER!!11!1!" he doesn't have a wide range. Still it's probably close. I'd have no problem 5 betting if he normal 4bet, but I think this raise makes AK much more likely, and hands you have dominated much less likely.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's effectively shoving like 12.5x your raise, so unless you have notes that read: "OMFG BIGGEST MANIAC EVER!!11!1!" he doesn't have a wide range. Still it's probably close. I'd have no problem 5 betting if he normal 4bet, but I think this raise makes AK much more likely, and hands you have dominated much less likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve..

[ QUOTE ]
Hero (t123585)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-06-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh, he is shoving 5x raise. OP is getting 1.65-1 pot odds to call, and AQs has to be ahead of that versus his range. A lot of people will bluff 3-bet here, and it looks like villain has FE.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve..

[ QUOTE ]
Hero (t123585)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I even checked that... Oh well, call faster next time.