Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Interesting Floor Decision

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the cheating angle is seat 10 not liking the action he gets after he raises and the dealer helping him to get a misdeal.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how does that compare to the "dealer is in league with the 1 seat and fouls the deck on purpose so the 1 seat gets to steal the 10 seat's $60" angle shot? That seems even easier and even more damaging.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not easier because everyone is freaking out and the floor is over and it's blindingly obvious that someone just got screwed. try pulling this move off 50 times in a year. it's ridiculously easy to cause a misdeal and no one remembers them.

[/ QUOTE ]

k, I still don't agree but it at least makes some sense to me now. I still can't get behind the idea of blatantly mugging seat 10 for a "precedent" when there was no questionable behavior on his part and he probably had the best hand, and I know if I were the 10 seat and it were ruled this way I would rack up and leave without giving back any of the pot, or the floor would be making some phone calls or both.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:49 PM

Yeah, obviously you can't punish the 10 seat for acting according to the orders of the dealer. The only question is; do we redeal the hand or do 10/1 seats chop the blinds? Personally, I chop the blinds and thankfully at the Bell, that means the 1 seat gets 3 and the 10 seat gets 2 chips.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:51 PM

The Dude was the 10 seat in said hand, by the way. The 1 seat is a nice local fish who I was sure wasn't trying to angle shoot, so before the floor had decided he and I had agreed to chop the blinds. The floorman said "No, I make the decisions around here," and awarded the pot to the 1 seat. He gave me my raise back and said "I'm sorry, he has cards, you don't."

I asked him at what point I no longer have a responsibility to protect my hand, and he shook his head and walked off. After he left the 1 seat tossed me $25.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:20 PM

Which floor?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so before the floor had decided he and I had agreed to chop the blinds. The floorman said "No, I make the decisions around here,"

[/ QUOTE ]

Some floors like to make their jobs harder than it needs to be.

What an idiot.

b
Old 09-06-2007, 01:32 AM

I would also like to know which one it was.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The floorman said "No, I make the decisions around here," and awarded the pot to the 1 seat. ...

I asked him at what point I no longer have a responsibility to protect my hand, and he shook his head and walked off....

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] the Bellagio. Another reason to hate that brown stain skid mark of a poker room.