Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Interesting Floor Decision (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=493350)

The Dude 09-04-2007 12:03 PM

Interesting Floor Decision

I'm curious what you guys think about this, and I don't really care what B&M has to say, so here it is (PJ signed off on posting this here):

Bellagio 30-60.
UTG raises in the 10 seat. It gets folded around to the blinds who fold. The dealer drops the deck, pushes the blinds to the 10 seat, and motions for his cards. At this point the 10 seat tosses his cards into the muck.

The 1 seat now shouts out "What's going on here?!" Everyone looks over, and he's got 6 chips out, and his cards in front of him with a chip protecting them. UTG's cards are completely indistinguishable from the rest of the deck at this point.

The floor is called over, what's the correct ruling?

MitchL 09-04-2007 12:07 PM

Re: Interesting Floor Decision

Dealer is a moron, but I think bb loses out on this one.

ZOMG_RIGGED! 09-04-2007 12:08 PM

Completely inoccent on the 1 seats part? He limped in and no one saw him?

private joker 09-04-2007 12:16 PM

No, sounds like he cold-called the raise right behind UTG. Dealer screwed up so bad that it sounds like a do-over. Return the blinds to the blinds and 6 chips each to UTG and seat 1. Shuffle up and deal.

If that's impossible, I say the next best thing is let seat 1 keep his 6 chips and let UTG keep the pot (which is only 5 chips + his own raise).

The other thing I've seen done is UTG whispers his hand into the floor's ear. If the floor can pick them out of the muck, UTG keeps it, the deck is reshuffled, and the two go heads up to a flop.

The Dude 09-04-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The other thing I've seen done is UTG whispers his hand into the floor's ear. If the floor can pick them out of the muck, UTG keeps it, the deck is reshuffled, and the two go heads up to a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
This would be reasonable if the deck were still intact and UTG's cards were at least semi-distinguishable from the muck. But as is, other players' mucked cards, the deck, and UTG's hand are all indistinguishable. No way we can pull a hand out of that mess now.

FWIW, this is pretty much the only time I've ever said to myself, "Hmm. I'm not sure what I'd do if I were the floor." After some thought I know what I'd do, but it's a tough spot.

gaming_mouse 09-04-2007 12:56 PM

No idea what the rules are, but 1 & 10 seat chop the blinds seems fair.

jba 09-04-2007 12:57 PM

crappy spot but honestly the only thing I can think to do is ship seat 1 the pot. absolutely can't be a do-over with significant action. seat 1 is the only one with cards, and he hasn't done anything wrong. that's what I think the ruling should be.

if I was the dealer I would give seat 10 $60 out of my pocket. If I was the 1 seat I'd chop the pot with the 10 if the dealer didn't come through. but of course these are all up to them.

somapopper 09-04-2007 01:47 PM

I'd give UTG his 60 back and the caller his 60 plus the blinds.

I'd doubt that'd fly in practice though.

disjunction 09-04-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pohuist 09-04-2007 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1