Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Fun w/ T8s

What is all this mularkey about rhythm. (Sup fools.)

Easy four-bet. Call down from there.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:41 AM

happy birthday, cardo! long time no talk, it's nice to see you pop into this forum
Old 09-03-2007, 02:23 PM

Why would we call here preflop? For those who say it is a call could you explain please? I would imagine it has something to do with how dumb and loose the cutoff is and the fact you have position on good player. Is this a metagame don't mess with my blinds thing? Would you call if the cutoff was a decent player too?

Just curious because I would always muck this preflop.

Thanks
Old 09-03-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would we call here preflop? For those who say it is a call could you explain please? I would imagine it has something to do with how dumb and loose the cutoff is and the fact you have position on good player. Is this a metagame don't mess with my blinds thing? Would you call if the cutoff was a decent player too?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm calling because my hand has too much equity to fold. Sure, it's nice to have someone you play with regularly know you defend your blinds liberally, but this hand isn't about metagame.

I'm getting 7:2 to call with a suited one-gapper that has decent pair value as well. My opponents have wide hand ranges, and I feel good about my ability to extract bets from these clowns after the flop. All of this adds up to an easy call. (read: I'm calling with worse hands.)
Old 09-03-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and I feel good about my ability to extract bets from these clowns after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno, for some reason <u>his turn 3-bet just gave me the free showdown vibe.</u> .... <u>so I called planning on check-calling the river.</u>

The river was the 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the action went check, check, check.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
My opponents have wide hand ranges

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
SB had AA

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-04-2007, 06:00 AM

if it were a 4bet cap game i would cap this turn for sure. as is, i'd still 4-bet the turn but not quite as sure.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm calling because my hand has too much equity to fold. Sure, it's nice to have someone you play with regularly know you defend your blinds liberally, but this hand isn't about metagame.

I'm getting 7:2 to call with a suited one-gapper that has decent pair value as well. My opponents have wide hand ranges, and I feel good about my ability to extract bets from these clowns after the flop. All of this adds up to an easy call. (read: I'm calling with worse hands.)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not adding up for me. You've got a steal raise from a player who "is very loose and very dumb" but you're "not sure how big his preflop raising range is." Then you have a resteal from "a regular who is pretty good but occasionally takes some really weird aggro lines."

Maybe the answers to these questions would be enlightening:

1) What would you take as CO's stealing range and SB's restealing range? They have "wide" ranges, but what does that mean (how wide is wide)?

2) How much worse are you calling with in this spot?

3) What sorts of postflop mistakes are you relying upon to make you feel like you can extract from them postflop?

4) Suppose the regular raised from the CO and the dumb player 3-bet. Is this still an easy call?
Old 09-04-2007, 09:47 PM

just calling here makes baby jesus cry.