Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Fun w/ T8s

Bellagio 30-60. CO is very loose and very dumb. He's shown up in raised pots w/ 42o and done some weird stuff postflop, but I'm not sure how big his preflop raising range is. SB is a regular who is pretty good but occasionally takes some really weird aggro lines. (Doran, for those who know him.)

Preflop:
Folded to CO who raises, button folds, SB 3-bets. The Dude calls in the BB w/ T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO calls.

Flop: (9 SBs) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (3 Players)</font>
SB bets, Dude raises, CO 3-bets, SB 4-bets in rhythm. The Dude peeks at CO who has just grabbed exactly 3 more chips off his stack. The Dude calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10.5 BBs) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB bets, The Dude raises, CO 3-bets in rhythm. SB groans and hesitates for about five seconds and calls. The Dude...?
Old 09-01-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Fun w/ T8s

I'd fold for two cold preflop.

As played, I'd call. This really feels like a set, and it's kinda hard to put anyone on any other 2-pair combo's. I'd c/c the river too. Wouldn't be surprised to see a chop either.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:28 PM

easy re-raise seems to me. SB is dead money and very few hands beat you here. pump it up...
Old 09-01-2007, 08:00 PM

I'd call and hate it.

Preflop is standard. I sometimes like calling these flops and calling an audible from there.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:21 PM

I play pre-flop the same.

Call the turn. Still a good chance your ahead, CO smells like an overpair or smaller 2-pair but a set is also within his range. Take the safe route the pot is big enough already.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Call the turn. Still a good chance your ahead, CO smells like an overpair or smaller 2-pair but a set is also within his range. Take the safe route the pot is big enough already.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think calling the turn is being too results oriented, why call two more bets on the flop if you're not going to raise for value when you hit your money card?
Old 09-01-2007, 11:08 PM

How exactly is preflop standard against a raise &amp; reraise with ten high?
Old 09-01-2007, 11:17 PM

This pot is huge. CO's line is intensely strong. SB has 8 outs against us. I'm capping this because SB is giving us an overlay and T3s or 32s might be in this COs range.

My river line depends on CO's aggressiveness preflop. If AA/KK/QQ ARE NOT in his range here, I think it changes your river choice to a c/c on all non 2/3 rivers. With the read as stated, check/call any paint cards. Bet/call most other blanks and fold any river 2 or 3.

Edit: Bellagio is 4 bet cap right!?!? If it's a 5-bet cap, I'm calling and getting to showdown.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:21 PM

I fold preflop, I don't like being sandwiched here with Ten high.

Flop seems good.

I like the turn raise, but I call down from the CO 3 bet. Sets and overpairs are possible, given read I guess anything is possible. Being that the preflop ranges are so wide(see the preflop fold), I think capping might be a spew, as it's really hard to tell what they could have.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think calling the turn is being too results oriented, why call two more bets on the flop if you're not going to raise for value when you hit your money card?

[/ QUOTE ]

I typed too fast. Call the turn 3-bet. You and I are on the same page.