Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2006, 12:58 PM

Default Re: How to handle VERY loose live games?

I'll have to admit this is new territory for me. Most of the O8 live games have been pretty much loose passive with a few tight passives thrown in. I usually play much tighter online than in live play, because pure nut peddling seems to work just as well against the masses (esp multi-tables). Live play most people take notice when you play 1 hand or less a round so you pretty much have to relax the standards a bit to get any action at all. The 2 very aggressive guys just seemed to want to gamble and have fun, or they were clinically insane. Pretty much everyone was ignoring their bets/raises and it seemed to feed the table.. most of the table no longer respecting anyones raises. The exception to this was when I or a few other players viewed as "tight" would put in a 3rd raise on the turn. Preflop/flop raises almost never thinned the field by much. On the plus side it was pretty easy to limp from EP with great hands and let them build the pot for you. Anyway, thanks for the input everyone. It always helps to get others ideas.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:23 PM

Default Re: How to handle VERY loose live games?

Buzz,

I agree with your comments. The only reason I mintioned it was because the original poster was looking at a very specific situation against a very loose player.

I would tend to play the cards I mentioned in a pot limit game, not a limit game with very good position as I can get in with a very small bet and get away when I miss.

Dave