Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Is This Line Ever OK...WPT Legends

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah you really don't have room for a bet-3bet, CR looks good (especially since this guy seems more likely to bet bigger on the flop). Also you have way more fold equity coming over the top of his bet after you check, than you do coming over the top of his raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I would check, hoping he would bet like 4k, so I could just make a pot sized all-in. I would make it more than 8500 after this bet. Either all-in, or something that makes it obvious that your stack is committed (like 15k), whichever you think is more likely to produce the results you want (both in terms of fold equity, and future image).

If there were 1,000 less in the pot, or stacks were deeper, then I would bet, 3 bet all-in. If he just calls the flop, I'll check raise a blank turn all-in. This line looks really strong and gets a fold very often. If he calls the flop and checks behind on the turn, I don't bluff the river.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:40 AM

the problem with bet/3bet that i always run into is nobody actually raises on the flop, they all just call. do you keep firing? give up and c/f turn? c/r ai on turn? I feel that the turn is one of the toughest postflop spots in poker after a bet/3bet fails and you have maybe 2 bets left in your stacks.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the problem with bet/3bet that i always run into is nobody actually raises on the flop, they all just call. do you keep firing? give up and c/f turn? c/r ai on turn? I feel that the turn is one of the toughest postflop spots in poker after a bet/3bet fails and you have maybe 2 bets left in your stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Already said my plan. From my last post:

[ QUOTE ]
If there were 1,000 less in the pot, or stacks were deeper, then I would bet, 3 bet all-in. If he just calls the flop, I'll check raise a blank turn all-in. This line looks really strong and gets a fold very often. If he calls the flop and checks behind on the turn, I don't bluff the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-27-2007, 05:45 AM

oh, right. reading comprehension FTW.

i dunno i just feel like when i take this line and c/r the turn people are all like "pot odds lawl" and then ship their chips in the middle with some terrible second pair
Old 08-27-2007, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh, right. reading comprehension FTW.

i dunno i just feel like when i take this line and c/r the turn people are all like "pot odds lawl" and then ship their chips in the middle with some terrible second pair

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience is the opposite. Preflop raise, flop c-bet followed by a turn check raise all-in shows butt loads of strength. That's when they make huge lay downs.