Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2006, 06:24 PM

Default Re: email I sent to Party today re: DVD scratchcard promo

[ QUOTE ]
this kind of blatant dishonesty just makes my skin crawl.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I had nothing to do with any of this and it makes me angry.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe how poor the resolution has been.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm right there with all of these sentiments.

It truly astounds me.

One guy gets told, 'it looks like you got sent a DVD player' ...etc etc AFTER Daniel very obviously knows that there is a lot that's going wrong all over the place.

Wexler is striking me as pretty gosh-darned slimy.

and I'm still kind of curious about that 'technical' error.
It wasn't just a little typo.

Across the WHOLE board they were offering nice prizes and then sending out cheaper versions.

Do they not even care that people are making jokes about them...putting up pics of super-cheap versions of the products they are offering in the party-store?
do they not even care that by failing to abide by their OWN terms in their OWN promotion they are losing more and more creditibility?

I believe a couple people on Stars got some sort of cheaper I-Pod or something in a freeroll a year or so ago.
And, IIRC, Lee came onto these forums, apologized for the mix-up, and offered to send out the correct prize if they boxed up the other one and sent it back.

Somebody who was involved in that situation please correct me if my memory was incorrect on that one.

Daniel's attempt to 'split it down the middle' is nothing short of ridiculous.
YOU guys made the mistake. Pay the difference...send out the real prize...whatever.
But don't invent some number as low as $100 and then 'split the difference'.

A $400 prize is a $400 prize. Not a $250 prize.
If YOU made the mistake then I would expect YOU to OVER-compensate the customers for the trouble and inconvenience.

It's not like you can't afford it.

but, instead, you claim to give out all sorts of great prizes to your players...but when it hits the fan you try to pinch pennies.

Those who had 4 weeks of frustrating e-mails and phone-calls and getting put on hold are deserving of some acknowledgement and compensation by Party as well.

seriously, betweeh this situation and some of the ridiculous and insulting A8 offers it's almost like Party is TRYING to push their players away.

Their behavior is just odd.
And Wexler's double-talk and attempts at damage-control are just creepy.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:11 PM

I talked to Daniel and got the same $250 offer. I of course took it.

He really does understand the magnitude of what happened here, and has been doing nothing but taking calls all day every day trying to smooth things out.

Not really trying to defend party, but from speaking with him I got the impression that he is quite intelligent, and was doing the best he could.

So I'm more than happy with the solution. Too bad some of you got rubbed the wrong way though. I never did get the big run-around some of you got.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this kind of blatant dishonesty just makes my skin crawl.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I had nothing to do with any of this and it makes me angry.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe how poor the resolution has been.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm right there with all of these sentiments.

It truly astounds me.

One guy gets told, 'it looks like you got sent a DVD player' ...etc etc AFTER Daniel very obviously knows that there is a lot that's going wrong all over the place.

Wexler is striking me as pretty gosh-darned slimy.

and I'm still kind of curious about that 'technical' error.
It wasn't just a little typo.

Across the WHOLE board they were offering nice prizes and then sending out cheaper versions.

Do they not even care that people are making jokes about them...putting up pics of super-cheap versions of the products they are offering in the party-store?
do they not even care that by failing to abide by their OWN terms in their OWN promotion they are losing more and more creditibility?

I believe a couple people on Stars got some sort of cheaper I-Pod or something in a freeroll a year or so ago.
And, IIRC, Lee came onto these forums, apologized for the mix-up, and offered to send out the correct prize if they boxed up the other one and sent it back.

Somebody who was involved in that situation please correct me if my memory was incorrect on that one.

Daniel's attempt to 'split it down the middle' is nothing short of ridiculous.
YOU guys made the mistake. Pay the difference...send out the real prize...whatever.
But don't invent some number as low as $100 and then 'split the difference'.

A $400 prize is a $400 prize. Not a $250 prize.
If YOU made the mistake then I would expect YOU to OVER-compensate the customers for the trouble and inconvenience.

It's not like you can't afford it.

but, instead, you claim to give out all sorts of great prizes to your players...but when it hits the fan you try to pinch pennies.

Those who had 4 weeks of frustrating e-mails and phone-calls and getting put on hold are deserving of some acknowledgement and compensation by Party as well.

seriously, betweeh this situation and some of the ridiculous and insulting A8 offers it's almost like Party is TRYING to push their players away.

Their behavior is just odd.
And Wexler's double-talk and attempts at damage-control are just creepy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just call it for what it really is Bob, FRAUD.

That's right FRAUD. When they were called out on it, instead of paying up fully, they negotiated a compensation for less than the true value of the product rightfully won by their players.

So in essense, they attempted two frauds and got away with the second one. But what do you expect people to do when they are powerless to legally pursue just compensation? Of course they are going to go away happily while settling for less. Party knows that, and now so do you.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should of mentioned that it is also not portable as they advertised. Unless you want to strap it to your back and strap your 25in tv to your chest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget the generator which will probably be spewing out deadly exhaust.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:03 AM

I can't comprehend why anyone continues to do business with Party.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:51 PM

So here I am, 20th of March. Called Mr Wexler this morning as this situation is still not resolved for me. No answer. I didn't leave a message but did send off this email:

[ QUOTE ]
Hello

I am writing in order to follow up on the issue of my DVD player mix up in
the Holiday Scratchcard Promotion. I recieved a Toshiba sd-3990 instead of a

Portable 9" Panasonic DVD player.

When we last talked, you stated that this issue would be resolved by the
20th of March, but I have had no contact with you or message of any kind, so

I am wondering what is going to happen. My understanding is that other
players involved in this mix up have already been compensated.

Any information would be appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

and got this back from Mr Wexler a while later

[ QUOTE ]
We should have a resolution by the end of the week.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Daniel Wexler
Promotions Manager

[/ QUOTE ]

What is going on?

Did other players get paid?

Who else is still waiting?

continued patience. lol.

advice?
Old 03-21-2006, 12:28 AM

He emailed me back on the 8th and mentioned: "I will be out of the office beginning at 11:00 a.m. EST Thursday, March 9, and will not return until Monday, March 20, at 9:00 a.m. EST, so your prompt attention is greatly appreciated."

Me and those who had contacted him well before the 9th (I first emailed him on February 20th) received $250 cash in our respective Party accounts before he left the office. Those slightly slower in contacting him for whatever reason had to wait until he was back in the office.

As far as I can tell your only course of action is to wait longer. He will eventually give you the $250 assuming your situation is comparable to others. If he has told you it will be taken care of by the end of the week, it likely will be, although you might get to wait an additional 72 hours for the money to be credited to your account. lol. Too funny. Hope everything turns out okay for you, $250 isn't a complete fix but it is enough to shut most of us up and likely the most you are going to get. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2006, 05:37 AM

this is a textbook case of insurance....freaude
Old 03-21-2006, 01:01 PM

Mr Wexler is an idiot who's job it is to lie to people and try an save Party a few dollars. According to his latest reply to me Party have the right to say the prize is one thing and then just send you whatever they decide to. Here is my last e-mail from him :-

[ QUOTE ]

Mark:

We researched several items for this promotion, and we decided the mp3 player we were going to offer was the Apple iPod. Unfortunately the wrong item was put up on the site.

Thank you,

Daniel Wexler
Promotions Manager
Party Gaming
Email: danielw@partygaming.com
Direct: 011 350 78700 ext. 6068
http://www.partygaming.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 20 March 2006 3:23 PM
To: danielw@partygaming.com
Subject: It's been 10 days and no answer yet.

You have still not explained to me how your "technical error" with the Portable Panasonic 9" DVD also resulted in me getting a MP3 player worth only half as much as the one I won.

Mark xxxxx

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know the name of his boss at Party I am running out of patience with this guy his answers to my questions are just getting ridiculous.