Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2006, 01:31 PM

Default email I sent to Party today re: DVD scratchcard promo

I sent this to Partypoker today. Has anyone done this already? What can I expect?

[ QUOTE ]
Hello

I won in the holiday scratchcard promotion. The scratchcard I won stated that I won:

Panasonic Portable 9" DVD Recorder

After much waiting, today I recieved a Toshiba SD-3990 DVD/CD player. Whereas a Panasonic portable 9" DVD player is worth about $350-$400 USD, the value of the toshiba I recieved is $50-80 USD.

Furthermore, I received an email on March 7th stating that the portable DVD player would be shipped to me within seven days via Fed-ex or UPs and that I would be recieving it shortly. After waiting twice that long I phoned and was told that I would receive the DVD player that week. I was satisfied, but also asked if I could be sent a follow up email. I received no email, and the DVD player did not arrive. A week later I phoned again, and was told the same thing. I asked to be sent another email regarding the specifics of what model of Panasonic portable DVD player I had won, etc... and when I could expect to recieve it. Again, I recieved no email. Finally, I phoned again yesterday and asked a third time. Everytime I have phoned I have had to wait to speak with someone, only to be put on hold, while I was transferred to the proper department. Today I finally recieved an email which contained no other details than to say I should have the DVD player this week as there was trouble getting through customs at the canadian border. This email arrived only an hour before the actual DVD player arrived at my door.

Anyways, I have not opened the box, and am frustrated by the whole process involved in this promotion. I am dissapointed.

I realize that in a sense this is a promotion and a "free" prize, but it was necessary for me to earn party points to be eligible, and in a very real sense, I did pay to play in this promotion. This would be like paying money to play in a lottery drawing of some kind, winning, and then discovering that the ticket you paid for was actually only eligible to win a much smaller prize. This is wrong.

I play at Partypoker less these days than I have in the past, but even so, over the past few years, I have been a very good cutomer, and have paid probably thousands of dollars in tournament entry fees and rake. It feels now as though I am being unfairly compensated for this patronage.

What I find most interesting about this is that since the DVD player arrived, I have done some research online to discover if many other players like myself are upset at this turn of events. To my shock, it seems that if they are telling the truth, some players DID in fact have a Panasonic 9" portable DVD player delivered to them.

I hope this situation can be rectified, and I am tired of waiting.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-07-2006, 01:45 PM

Default Re: email I sent to Party today re: DVD scratchcard promo

You should of mentioned that it is also not portable as they advertised. Unless you want to strap it to your back and strap your 25in tv to your chest.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:51 PM

I did not win and am now pissed off that they have not even sent me a scratchcard, so my chance of winning anything rhymes with HERO!
Old 03-07-2006, 02:23 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post4782071

Witness our ongoing struggle here. We are supposed to get a response today, unless Party decides it needs another 122.75 days to look into it.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:33 PM

I spoke to Daniel Wexler this morning via email and then by phone. FWIW, he seems like a nice enough guy. He stated via email that they are "Waiting for one person to return to the office to have a final consensus. It should not be too much longer."

In a phone follow-up, he told me that it will for sure be wrapped up today and that he "hoped" everyone will be happy with the resolution. He refused, however, to go in to specifics as to what kind of options they are looking at.

This has been a ridiculously long and drawn out issue that should have been wrapped up about 4 weeks ago. Either send us the promised portable DVD player or credit our accounts the comparable monetary difference.

I will update when I hear something, although I am off to work shortly.

Les
Old 03-07-2006, 02:36 PM

That is at least slightly encouraging, thank you very much for the update Les!
Old 03-07-2006, 10:22 PM

Yes, I'm replying to myself. No being encouraged. This is Party. Wake up.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:37 AM

I just got home from work. I got an email from Daniel asking for a good number to get ahold of me because I do not have a answering machine set up on my home phone. He claims to have called this afternoon, presumably after I left for work. I do not know what he wanted to tell me on the phone that he is unable to express via email but I will contact him in the morning and see what I can find out.

Les
Old 03-08-2006, 12:04 PM

I just got off the phone with Mr. Wexler. They are going to credit my account $250, which will hit within the next 72 hrs. They feel as though this will make up the difference for those of us who actually want to go out and purchase a portable DVD player. The actual portable DVD player that some players actually got has a MSRP of $399, but was actually on sale at Best Buy this week for $299. He stated that they looked at how much it would take to actually purchase a portable DVD player and they put that cost in a range from roughly $100 to $400, so they went down the middle.

I was actually hoping for about a $350 credit, but I find this somewhat liveable. From my perspective, I was hoping from the beginning to be able to trade my portable DVD player in at Best Buy for a DVR (mine is in dis-repair) and now that I have been credited $250 it makes that endevour that much easier. The whole process, however, went on about four weeks too long.

Les
Old 03-08-2006, 12:24 PM

Actually this is Party just trying to get off cheap.

1st the cheapest 9" portable DVD on BestBuy web site is $199.99 not $100.
2nd the fact the Panasonic is on sale for $299.99 should have nothing to do with it. When they sent out the prizes the price was $399.99 and note that the rebate ends on the 11th and I'll bet there is no way you'll get your money in time to get the sale price.