Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 12:53 AM

Default Re: $100nl: Worst possible river for KK

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I see that almost everyone is advocating a call.. Glad I posted, not glad I folded... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks everyone. I felt that when that river hit there's no way he doesn't have at least an ace... What hands does he call that turn with? He thought about it for a while before calling. Maybe 99-JJ, 67, I also thought it could be A/K8 hearts.

[/ QUOTE ]

what hands with an ace do you think get to the river in this way?

can't be Axs with a turned flush draw because the river completes the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know.. It's kind of embarrassing really what my thought process was when I saw that card. I just got really angry, started thinking "I just know that hit his hand" without really thinking about what his range could be.

This is a form of tilt I suppose, as I have been running like [censored] today. Also I tend to call on the river too much to satisfy my curiosity and/or out of anger that I've been outdrawn. This is something that I'm working on, which was another factor in my fold decision. I thought "I call here too much and lose, so I'm going to have to fold this time".

But anyway, you guys would be surprised if he turned up with Ax for two pair or a flush?
Old 08-25-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why everyone is suggesting betting smaller on turn is beyond me.Pot control isnt even in my mind here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was totally committed on the turn vs this guy, so I was ready to shove most of the rivers.. Is that bad?
Old 08-25-2007, 02:05 AM

if you were rdy to try and get 3 sts of value i would have bet more on flop/turn to set up a nice < pot bet left on river
Old 08-25-2007, 02:24 AM

What makes you think he's hit his top pair or flush on river? If not, then why's the river "worst possible"?

As played it's a simple bet(80-85% pot or so)/fold on the river. It's quite a standard hand really. You've fired 3 barrels, he isn't gonna shove you and will fold most hands including TP decent kicker. He obviously doesn't have anything better.