Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2006, 05:24 AM

Default Re: Hand Analysis--Drawing to flush in multiway pot

I didn't mean specifically QJ but simply pairing a card on the flop.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:42 PM

excellent thoughts and analysis by everyone. Thank you very much. I tend to play a little timid at times and you have shown me the error of my ways.

with the odds I was getting I definitely was not going to let this go, even though I felt that I must be beat by someone.

I should have been more aggressive on the flop, since that is why I played the hand to begin with. I knew I had a big field coming along so I thought it would be better to just call and let them come along. Bad plan given the yahoo at the end who woke up and deceded to reraise and take two more BBs out of our pockets.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:50 PM

I posted this hand for the exact analysis that has taken place, because I want to better my game. I suspect that most of the hands that get posted in this forum are losing hands, although, undoubtedly some are winners.

This situation has arisen a couple times for me, and I want to better take advantage of it. I saw no need to be aggressive here because I was getting tremendous odds to draw to my hand and I was very pleased.

I think I could have raised almost anywhere along the way and the pot would have been called because it was a huge field, which is why I didn't because of the board pairing I was a tad worried that I was against at least 1 FH.

Through the analysis that was done in this thread I see how I could have possible cut down the field on the flop if I had bet, and probably preflop as well because the button raised. That was probably the worst, but a close second was not betting out on the flop.

Thanks again to everyone. This was exactly what I was hoping to get out of this.