Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 10:18 PM
 is offline

Default Re: What have I done ? 2/3 of my Bankroll gone

[ QUOTE ]
and btw: I wish you all the best. I think you certainly play well since I have seen you regularly in the strat threads for a long time and I know that the hands you post are always pretty interesting and spark discussion.
Maybe you can try storing most of your roll in an eWallet and setting a deposit limit on the site you play on. That might be a way to control losses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Gentz, and everybody else. Appreciate all comments. GL on the tables everybody.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:46 AM

Keep in mind whats important and grind out 25NL baby.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since you have two kids to feed, why don't you try to find an real job, rather than playing low limit NL poker or waiting for lawsuit money that may never come?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are times I would LOVE to play poker for a living, but I have three kids, a wife and a mortgage.

Get a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you missed the comment where he said he'd make 400$ /month.

Hope you can avoid tilting in the future, and don't think of it like 'winning back" the money you lost but accept that it's gone. The feeling you have to win back money is a terrible state to play poker in.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:26 AM

maybe you could do some bonuswhoring?
Old 08-24-2007, 03:04 PM

Cleaner, hope you get your roll back and act together. But as many have suggested and you haven't commented, get a rakeback deal. With the volume you are playing you'll get your $1500 easily even by playing breakeven poker. In addition if you can beat Stars for 4bb/100 you might even crush many other sites for much more.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Advice from your amigo, Enrique........

hi guys, my name is Enrique sanchez and i m 17 years old, i currently work for a landscape company, they pay me currently 6 dollar an hour, I didnt go to college, and i started playing poker January 3 2007.

Hi i deposited 100 dollars in january 03 at stars, i played 6.50 turbo sngs i played like 8 turbos a day and i won like 20 bucks a day for a whole week, i build my roll to 210 in one week playin only 8 hours a day and one turbo sng per hour.

after 1 month and a half I got my roll to 500 bucks and then i had a really bad day which ended up to be faith telling me i should be a poker pro

This day i lost all my 8 sngs turbos, I lost 50 bucks almost in one day, i was very mad so i seated on a 5/10 nl with my money, 4 hands later i went from 445 to 890 then 1 more hand later i went to 1010 bankroll

I did not go to college
I dont have legal papers
I m here in america illegal with no social security or any form of ID

I hate landscaping its a very tough job, and I watched poker on tv and seemed like poker players have a easy life and green card when they get rich

I would like to know what u guys think i should do

quit my landscapin job and fully concentrate on 5/10 NL with my 1000 dollars or keep landscaping?

U can see my photo by clickin herecan see my photo by clickin here

Edited by Maoz2Glory (03/01/07 09:05 AM)

Edited by Maoz2Glory (03/01/07 09:05 AM)
Old 08-24-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Advice from your amigo, Enrique........

Yes, clearly you should switch to playing full time with your one buy-in. In fact, you should take it to 25/50 and use your short stack powers to make a killing, foolproof plan.

That was a level, right?
Old 08-25-2007, 07:22 AM

Location: Phase 1: collect underpants Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit
Default Re: Advice from your amigo, Enrique........

cleaner,

I have played with u a fair amount at NL50,

You are definitely a winning player there. From what I remember u play sort of TAGish. I'll probably be seeing u alot at the tables.
gl.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:56 PM

You shouldn't gamble with money that you or your family needs to live on. Even as a pro, if you don't have the bankroll to sustain heavy losses and still pay the bills, then you are either playing at too high a level, or you shouldn't be a pro.

I think you should play poker as a suplemental income, and try to get a low paying, but steady job to cover food, rent, and clothes for you and your family.

Also, don't play cards while undergoing periods of extreme emotional stress. You will not think as clearly, and you will be more prone to tilt.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since you have two kids to feed, why don't you try to find an real job, rather than playing low limit NL poker or waiting for lawsuit money that may never come?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are times I would LOVE to play poker for a living, but I have three kids, a wife and a mortgage.

Get a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the OP would love your cushy 1st world job. Want to swap?