Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Re: let\'s iso the limper

[ QUOTE ]
Results oriented? Granted--all behind, but the TAG are loose--I wasn't clear in my OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't my point. My point was that a TAG with a PFR this low probably doesn't isolate much unless he's adjusting to table conditions...and if the table is loose enough that you can open-limp for set value, isolation probably won't work, and if he's that sophisticated he should know this. Otherwise, he's just raising because he likes his hand and you're in trouble.

[ QUOTE ]
However, if I had posted my open limp in MP1 and had gotten 2 limpers, SB completes, BB checks, I doubt we'd see "fold preflop."

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize you did the equivalent of open-limping at a 6max table?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why you are putting words into my mouth? Why not simply respond, "I don't like your flop c/r, but maybe if you can fold to a 3-bet."

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I think this whole hand depends on contradictory assumptions and I was trying to emphasize that fact.

[ QUOTE ]
I agree the flop is probably a coinflip, but the turn bet is not in a vacuum. Villain calling our c/r does not necessarily always have a set/overpair. We also have some idea which cards may have helped villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kind of the point. If he always folded anything but an overpair then I could say "c/r is fine, give up if called". That our hand will be good sometimes but not always is exactly why this spot sucks. And while we have some idea which cards do and don't help villain, there is still a very large range of cards (any spade or any card > 9 really) that leaves us significantly in the dark, and since you've said you're always firing the turn you stand to lose a lot of money when you hit one of those "maybe it beat me" cards.