Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Sweet... A Stats Post (-600BB)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I try to play 6 if I can. Trust me, it's not too many. I have plenty of time to make decisions. I don't think I would play more than 6 though even if I could. I like to keep the games going, and hate the slow-ass guys who are obviously playing 10+ tables at multiple sites at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Been a long time since i played absolute so can't comment there but you are getting raped badly in the blinds. -.25 is huge. I'd think something more like .17 would be better. Your sb is also way off, you're losing more there than I'd expect you to lose in the big blind. Your other position stats look okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally, but the blind stats aren't normal for me. Ever since I got Vista in July, I haven't been able to get Postgre to work, so I pretty much had to start over in PT. Hence, no lifetime graph (sorry) and only 31,000 hands to work with.

I think, if I remember correctly, my BB/SB stats were like (.16)/(.15) respectively. Are they that close because of the 2/3 structure? I don't know, but if those stats were the same now, I wouldn't be doing as badly as I am.

Also, when things seem to be going better, me fBBts is under 45% (I think). Like I said in an earlier reply, I feel like steals are getting 3-bet a lot more often before I can even act.

[ QUOTE ]
I read through to see how many tables you play as I'd guess that was the problem as your actual stats look good. Problem is 6 TABLES IS WAY TOO MANY in tough games. You aren't getting any player reads and you're just playing your hand in a vacuum (stats don't totally count). I used to have the same problem last year. I was playing like crap and losing at 3/6 on stars. I finally played enough to realize it wasn't bad luck. I tried to play on 2 tables for a while (painful as it is) and I was able to quickly see my problem. Number one, no reads which costs you a lot and number 2 I was losing bets here and there. Missing cr's, not value betting the river enough, not folding when it was obvious I was beat, etc. In one half hour session I counted 4 or 5 bets I didn't think I normally would have got. In limit, with such small win rates, those bets are the difference in winning big and getting owned. Cut down to 3 tables for a while and go from there. You might lose bonus/rb money but you'll probably come close to gaining that back plus it's frustrating as [censored] losing all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The incentives make up for it, otherwise I would've been busto over a year ago.

[ QUOTE ]
Edit - Your WSD is also low. I'm guessing that's another problem of playing too many tables. When I used to do that I tended to fold a lot more in borderline situations because there was also another hand on another table anyways and I'd just wait for a better hand. If the games are as agressive and laggy as I'm guessing they are you should be seeing showdown at least another 2 or 3 percent. Your WSF is also low which would be the same problems as above.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are my last 10,000 hands (same sample), where I was making defensive checks OOP on the turn (often with A-high) and "value-checks" in position with marginal/A-high hands on the turn and calling rivers. This was in an attempt to get to showdown more often. Normally, I would be 2-barreling these situations 100% of the time. Which is better? I can't freaking tell ldo.

And my last 4,000 hands (again, same sample):

Just ouch... FWIW, these are 3-9 handed, but mostly 4-6 I'd say.

BTW, for all you guys you use ScreenPrint 3.2... I had probs with it on Vista, and now use Gadwin PrintScreen 4.2. I like it a lot better:

http://www.download.com/3000-2094_4-10706011.html
Old 08-16-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Sweet... A Stats Post (-600BB)

If it's worth anything, I'm an overall loser at AP 3/6 too. It's the only limit in my DB where I'm a lifetime loser.

My stats: 27k hands overall at -0.5/100 and the reason i'm not sweating it: 3.58BB/100 rake(!!!). Add the ~1BB/100 new BBJ rake to this AND the hordes of 2p2ers and I can see why people are banging their heads over their wrates here.