Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 08:16 AM

Default Re: did i do anything wrong? [noob @ PLO 200$]

<font color="green">Unneccesarily harsh criticism, bordering on insulting to a poster asking for advice deleted - Buzz</font> You need to learn the 2 pair in omaha will hold rarely 40% of the time, (not exact numbers, but its what i tend to see). I'm no nit, but you need to tighten your game up a good deal. There's no reason to be betting the flop in hand number one. A cold 10 has you crused, not to mention any Jx8x7xQx type hand. The minraise also kinda screems "i have a 10!". As for the A hi flush draw hand, theres absolutely NO reason to be raising that flop. You have no combo draw and are left to a single draw which isn't going to hit a large number of the time. Just call and maybe fold if he pots the turn, depends how fishy you are. KJTQ hand is standard raise pre and c/f flop. Nothing wrong with a raise there and nothing wrong with folding a flop. You won't make the nuts every hand. Make sure you are also raising with rundown hands like 4567s to make your play a little more unpredictable which will grant you some leniency on what people call you down with. The last hand is an easy c/f. If he had any kind of wrap draw it hit, also could have any type of set here; its not always a slowplay here.

I think if you tighten up your game and learn to mix in some passiveness with your aggression you should be fine. The main thing is dont overplay your flush draws when you have no other draws or 2 pair, etc. Also, don't be resistant to folding 2 pair. When is the last time you saw 2 pair win a huge pot? It doesnt happen like it does in NLHE. <font color="green">self advertising deleted - Buzz</font>

edit: Didnt notice you had bottom set with the flush draw which in that case this is completely standard. Even if you are up agaist a bigger set, there is probably enough equity with the second caller to get the money in on the flop.
Pete

<font color="green">Hi Pete - Please be polite to posters asking for advice, and please don't solicit business on this forum. - Buzz</font>
Old 08-13-2007, 04:07 PM

It's kind of tough when you're starting out to sift out the bad advice from the good, so let me just reiterate: the people who tell you to never bet two pair, play scared and wait for the nuts, never bet combo draws etc., should really just be ignored. It seems like you have a good feel for the basic hand values and are far from "the type of player profitable PLO players dream about". From your posting, I'd guess you're ready to be a breakeven 1/2 player now and should be profitable when you get a few thousand hands under your belt and get more used to the "feel spots".

If anything, you should probably make a few adjustments preflop as KQ87's pretty much a trash hand, even double suited, and should definitely be folded from EP. Also, if you're playing FR, you don't need to be coming in for a raise every time you play a pot and should be limping the majority of the time when you play (including most of your AAxx hands) from the first three positions.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="green">deleted in original post - Buzz</font> You need to learn the 2 pair in omaha will hold rarely 40% of the time, (not exact numbers, but its what i tend to see). I'm no nit, but you need to tighten your game up a good deal. There's no reason to be betting the flop in hand number one. A cold 10 has you crused, not to mention any Jx8x7xQx type hand. The minraise also kinda screems "i have a 10!". As for the A hi flush draw hand, theres absolutely NO reason to be raising that flop. You have no combo draw and are left to a single draw which isn't going to hit a large number of the time. Just call and maybe fold if he pots the turn, depends how fishy you are. KJTQ hand is standard raise pre and c/f flop. Nothing wrong with a raise there and nothing wrong with folding a flop. You won't make the nuts every hand. Make sure you are also raising with rundown hands like 4567s to make your play a little more unpredictable which will grant you some leniency on what people call you down with. The last hand is an easy c/f. If he had any kind of wrap draw it hit, also could have any type of set here; its not always a slowplay here.

I think if you tighten up your game and learn to mix in some passiveness with your aggression you should be fine. The main thing is dont overplay your flush draws when you have no other draws or 2 pair, etc. Also, don't be resistant to folding 2 pair. When is the last time you saw 2 pair win a huge pot? It doesnt happen like it does in NLHE. <font color="green">deleted in original post - Buzz</font>

edit: Didnt notice you had bottom set with the flush draw which in that case this is completely standard. Even if you are up agaist a bigger set, there is probably enough equity with the second caller to get the money in on the flop.
Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

This is mostly horrible, I'm afraid. I'd back OP against you if you were to play HU.

<font color="green">O.K. Wazz - That's the end of this. If you want to set up a challenge, do it by sending personal messages to the posters involved. - Buzz</font>