Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 09:18 AM

Default did i do anything wrong? [noob @ PLO 200$]

So i tried out some PLO 200 today after watching a few vids. It was FR and i was prepared to play tight, the table were very loose more loose them i expected. I played these 4 pots

I had no reads.

So first hand is was 2 off the Btn with QdQcKdxc before me there was a limper in ep and after me i there was a poster.

I potted? Of course I end up 4 Way.

The Pot was 45$ and the Flop was TT9 rainbow, chk to me i bet like 35$ , get 2 folds and the sb minraises> i fold?

Next Hand i was btn or 1 off with Ah3h3s5s 2 or 3 limpers before me and i overlimp( thought about raising though).

Flops ThQh3x CO potted i raised 3* Blind coldcalls and CO called. Turn was a blank and i went almost allin sb went allin and CO called.

Next was KJTQ 3 spades i was in EP maybe UTG +2 and raised? Thought about limping cause of the 3 spades. And get a caller in EP we go HU.

Flop is 456rainbow> i chk fold?

Last hand is Jc8d9c5d

I limp in EP and like 5 or 6 ppl limp around the Flop is 6cJx4c ich chk? Checks around Turn is the 9h, so i figuere i have the best hand until someone made an expert slowplay. So i Pot and get a caller. The River is the 7h. So there are like 35$ in the Pot now and i bet like 25$ and he Pots, i cry and call

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2007, 09:38 AM

Default Re: did i do anything wrong? [noob @ PLO 200$]

no reason to bet on tt9 board into 4 players. Also it's not too tight to raise QQKXds unless it's QQKJ oder QQKAds.
especially if you bet, pot. better have a reason not to pot than to pot.

Push /w bottom set + FD vs. lots of action => If your opponents are not completely brainless You are most likely encountering a higher set, a straight draw, another flushdraw, and another backdoorflushdraw. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. If you don't like the swings, why push.
Luckily it's three way All-In so in the worst case you win ~28%.

KTQJs It's not really tight play to raise that in early pos. Check/Fold = best.

No reason to Pot 2pair on turn. A lot of Draws might be stronger than you, at least 10% favorite. 7h should be a scare card to you, so don't pot.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no reason to bet on tt9 board into 4 players. Also it's not too tight to raise QQKXds unless it's QQKJ oder QQKAds.
especially if you bet, pot. better have a reason not to pot than to pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course raise preflop and of course follow through, half the pot will be enough though.
[ QUOTE ]

Push /w bottom set + FD vs. lots of action => If your opponents are not completely brainless You are most likely encountering a higher set, a straight draw, another flushdraw, and another backdoorflushdraw. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. If you don't like the swings, why push.
Luckily it's three way All-In so in the worst case you win ~28%.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bottom set and a flush draw multiway here is a monster. Just from the flush draw alone 3 handed you have odds to shove the flop. None of your opponents have shown any strength so bottom set looks good here anyway. Good shove.
[ QUOTE ]

KTQJs It's not really tight play to raise that in early pos. Check/Fold = best.

[/ QUOTE ]
Great raise preflop, great check fold on the flop.
[ QUOTE ]

No reason to Pot 2pair on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is absolutely every reason to bet top 2 pair on the turn here. It's almost impossible for a draw to be favourite over you, the guy would have to have the perfect straight wrap and flush draws, which he clearly would have bet himself on the flop.
Not betting that turn is weak tight.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:01 PM

where have u seen vids?
would you be so kind to provide some links?
Old 08-11-2007, 12:40 PM

I hope you won't take offense at this, but I would really suggest moving down and getting a better feel for the game before playing the 200 (if it's at all similar to the Stars game, which imo has quite a few good, experienced players).

QQ: I don't like the raise here even ds, although it's doable. My problem is that, while it's a pretty decent hand, it really can't handle a re-raise. That's also not a good flop and there are too many players in to attempt to take it down with an overpair.

A335ds: I'd prefer a call on the flop here. I think you're looking at QQ a lot of the time, which reduces your hand to the flush draw. I'd play a straighted turn very aggressively, though.

KQJT: This is a truly premium hand, even with 3 to a suit. But, yeah, check-fold is what I'd do. You missed, so move on.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:56 PM

There's some bad advice in this thread....

QQKxds is fine to pot from the CO. On the flop, depending on who I'm up against, I take a free card about three quarters of the time and bet the rest.

A335 hand is played well. W/o the flush draw you would play it a lot slower, but you have a lot more hands in serious trouble here.

KQJT is indeed a premium hand, even with 3 of a suit. Bet the flop, though, there's no reason he hit that flop, and it's not as if you're gonna give him action if he calls you.

On the last hand: this is playable preflop if A) you're in late position, or B) you're experienced at PLO - it's not a beginners hand. That said, bet the flop, if nothing else so that you can fold out Q or K-high flush draws. If called in one spot, you certainly bet the turn. Did the river bring a runner runner flush? I still call.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:09 PM

thx for the analysis so far.

I dont mind playing with 200$ Buy in since i have like 250 Buy ins for that game and the players are very bad. I the first Hand CO had only KJo and in the last hand the dude called the Turn Potbets with TT8 in clubs. They call Potbets with second pair to the board and a 7 high flushdraw or a lone oesd. So far theyare always hitting wich tilts me.

I watched some PLO vids but it was always 6 max so iam not very familar with how to play FR though.

Vids are available at cardrunner or stoxpoker
Old 08-11-2007, 01:45 PM

Listen to the advice from Ribbo and Wazz. They covered most of it and were right on pretty much every point where they were arguing with the other posters. The one thing I'd say to do differently is to fold the river on the hand where you make the second nut straight.

If you bet strongly on the river and get potted in PLO and it's not a paired board, it's going to be the nuts about 95% of the time. Very few players have the stomach to bluff-raise the river even if they had a read that you were showing weakness, and you've really done nothing to give that off here.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:03 PM

jeez PLO fkn tilts me, i raise KhQh7d8d in EP and only the UTG limper call ( hes very loose pre and postflop but is up liek 3 stacks) (this is standard i guess)

Iam 175BB deep he ha sme covered

The Flop comes 6h7c8h i bet 20 wich was almost Pot he reraised 50 i raised max he thought and then called

Turn 5c he shoves i had to call and he shows AA69 offsuit

I think he played it very badly but whatever.

Few hand slater hand i limp 77QT double suited in EP( fold it?) and Flop a Q high Flushdraw on a KJ7 board so i dont know what to do and bet almost Pot get a caller in LP Turn blanked off and i bettet again get raised and i called knowing he had the nuts but thats what u do when u have btm set and a flushdraw and playd hundreds of thousand of hand holdem.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jeez PLO fkn tilts me, i raise KhQh7d8d in EP and only the UTG limper call ( hes very loose pre and postflop but is up liek 3 stacks) (this is standard i guess)

Iam 175BB deep he ha sme covered

The Flop comes 6h7c8h i bet 20 wich was almost Pot he reraised 50 i raised max he thought and then called

Turn 5c he shoves i had to call and he shows AA69 offsuit

I think he played it very badly but whatever.

Few hand slater hand i limp 77QT double suited in EP( fold it?) and Flop a Q high Flushdraw on a KJ7 board so i dont know what to do and bet almost Pot get a caller in LP Turn blanked off and i bettet again get raised and i called knowing he had the nuts but thats what u do when u have btm set and a flushdraw and playd hundreds of thousand of hand holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with the KQ78 hand is that while you have a made hand and a draw, neither are the nuts, so you could be already drawing dead against a straight and the ace high flush draw, i think just calling on the flop is best here given you are deepstacked.

another option is to check/call the flop which is better for pot control, and on the turn you can dump the hand and feel fine about it. if you were only 100 BB deep though, then bet-3/bet all in is a more viable line.

the other hand where you have a set + flushdraw i think you played it well (note the villain does not have to have a higher set here, he may have top 2, or a wrap + pair)